Any downsides to using two 1-ch cameras?

pretty small battery

Thats allso what i have in my Suzuki, its somewhat of a predicament, i want somthing larger but cant fit it in engine room, and my car is so small a normal sized battery in the back would take up 1/5 of the floor space there.

Really need to get that lotto win and update my car.

O yeah it will get a fjew dashcams and 4K ip cams and FLIR cams, and with 10 tons i dont care if i have to add another 500 Kilos in batteries.

'm running out of non-critical fuses to tap with just 3 fuse taps,

You don't need a fuse tap for each device. You could easily be running all three of your devices off one tap. Just ensure the fuse you install in the tap can handle the total current of all devices combined. A 10A fuse could probably handle five devices.

Without a quick connect & disconnect feature for the devices from the single fuse tap, this would turn into a mess for me, as I prefer to solder + heat shrink tube the device's +ve wire to the fuse tap, hence separate taps. For the ground; after tinning the wire, a crimped ring terminal suffices.

Back to my other question, are 2, 2.5, 3 amp fuses OK, or should I use even smaller or larger amp fuses?

Without a quick connect & disconnect feature for the devices from the single fuse tap, this would turn into a mess for me, as I prefer to solder + heat shrink tube the device's +ve wire to the fuse tap, hence separate taps. For the ground; after tinning the wire, a crimped ring terminal suffices.

Back to my other question, are 2, 2.5, 3 amp fuses OK, or should I use even smaller or larger amp fuses?
Most of the dashcams I have use 5v @ 1 amp.
However some new ones are coming with 1.5 amp to 2.1 amp car chargers so I'd go with 3 amp or more to be safe.

If you're comfy doing solder and heat shrink, why not just run a new circuit direct from the battery with its own fuse and a small distribution block in the cabin somewhere? I did that back in the late 90s using 14awg wire and a 20A fuse to run an inverter and a couple other things when I installed some desktop PC parts into the car to make my own mp3 player.

Good idea, will definitely look into this prospective DIY. The current setup is working fine and with nothing else to add in the foreseeable future, I'll probably take my own sweet time.

So question guys ... i plan on getting the street guardian GC, but want to use something in the back. Thinking of getting the mini 0805, would this be too much of a power draw on my battery running both thru cig lighters?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

No idea what that means sorry

Oh ok cool. Thanks for the help. The mini's mount rotates enough for a flat back window right?

Thanks jokiin

Trying to find this mini on amazon but theres like 10 diff ones made by diff companies .. is there no original maker?

there's only one original manufacturer but a few assemblers and a bunch of different wholesale customers

there's only one original manufacturer but a few assemblers and a bunch of different wholesale customers
Is the original maker still producing them? Id like to buy from them vs a 1 off company. Sorry i know thats not your brand or affiliation but just curious

they still make it, they don't sell direct to consumers though

0826 is an updated version of the 0805

0807 is another new model with revised hardware

the 12 V extensions front and rear is tapped into the fusebox with / on 10 A fuses, all the USB outlets in the glove box is tapped into the 12 V for the radio and the 12 V for the cars own ciggy socket in the console.

Not sure what amp the 12 V to the radio is 30 i would guess, the cars own ciggy socket is proberly on a 10 A fuse ( maybe one of those i allready piggyback on )

Perhaps i should break out my old ICE power gear, have several automatic fuses, and power splitters allso with fuses in them.
But this might be overkill as we for a large part talk about xxx AMP fuses.

Stuff like this.
rBVaHVaJ_c-AMJ9zAAIZGFNylUU764.jpg

41eLAuOzpHL.jpg

And a lot of wire, some as thick as garden hose :cool:

Didn't want to start a separate thread for this.

Could you help me decide, which type of splitter would work best, planning on cleaning up the extra fuse taps from the fuse box.

2016 NEW Car Cigarette Lighter 12V 24V Power Charger Adapter 1 to 3 Way Socket Splitter Female Socket Plug Connector Adapter

EUGIZMO 4 USB Port 3 Way Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter Charger DC 12~24V Cigarette Lighter Socket Black Free shipping

Rocketek car-charger 3.4A 2 port USB car charger 3 Sockets Cigarette Lighter Adapter Splitter with LED Meter measuring car volt

2 Way 3 USB Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter Car Charger Power Adapter DC 12V +USB Port Plug Car Styling Auto accessories

Which would be the safest choice from these? Is there any other better option or way to do it.

Back