Any downsides to using two 1-ch cameras?

That #2 one is sort of the same as the 2 i use, mine just have 1 USB outlet, but that one have 4 USB outlets and 2 of them is 2.4 A and 2.1A that's plenty for a dashcamera.

Ok but make sure you're not drawing more power than the cigarette socket can provide or you risk blowing fuses or damaging wiring. I know in both my Toyotas, there's a warning on the accessory outlet covet that says max 15w total (all sockets). An adapter that can provide a total of 9A @ 5v will draw way more than 15w.

Cigarette lighter sockets are generally 20A, especially if designed for cigarette lighters which draw high amps. The aux power socket in my Focus has a 15A fuse.

Flat yellow thing is possibly a capacitor or resistor but definitely not a fuse. Normally they use a glass cylindrical fuse in the center conductor of the lighter plug, held in with a spring, but there isn't one here. I don't see any fuses at all, at least, nothing user-replaceable. Could be a tiny thing on a circuit board but I doubt it.

Also, where's the 4th usb port? I only see 3!

Thank you. So now the question is, will this be safe to use as it will be connected to a hard wired female cigarette lighter socket using a fuse tap with a 2-5 amp fuse? Or should I look for one with its own glass enclosed wire fuse in the socket adaptor? Is there a problem with fuses in a series, I've read about problems with fuses in parallel.

Two USB's on the front and side, front ones are vertically aligned.

The reason I asked about the fuses in a series is because I have one of these on the way too, it has a regular ATM fuse in the lighter socket.

Last edited:
Any time you branch off a circuit, it's a good idea to add a fuse to the new circuit. That fuse should be rated lower than what the new wire is capable of carrying, and only a little higher than the load you're adding.

So a 7.5-10 amp fuse in the fuse tap and a 5 amp fuse in the male cigarette lighter socket should be fine, right? Using the Annke splitter, which's on the way.

The fuse tap uses 16 AWG wire and the 2M female socket wire uses probably 14AWG wire. (It's thicker than the fuse tap wire)

Planning on chucking the Eu gizmo one in the bin.

Yet to receive the Annke one but it seems better built, from the individual socket contact points for the +ve, on-off buttons and the ATM fuse.

I've disputed the Eugizmo one due to misrepresentation regarding the fuse. My first ever dispute on Aliexpress, hope I get my money back.

Also I'd rather have a blown fuse in the male socket than the fuse tap. I am a little paranoid and OCD when it comes to such things. Better to be safe than sorry.

Thank you for your replies.

Edit:

Will definitely get the Vico Power Plus if I ever go for a dashcam with parking guard. Neat little kit.

Wouldn't it be a good feature for a manufacturing Standard to be approved that allowed front and rear cameras to have the ability to be triggered to protect the file of a single push from the front camera? Wifi/bluetooth module could easily be set to do this.. Just a thought..

Back