Any Heat Issues with the SJ4000?

Reaction score
Country
United States
A common issue with all GoPro models has been overheating when run for extended periods of time.

In fact, some models of the regular, purpose-built dashcams also have this problem.

Such heat build-up results in significantly degraded image quality, plus the camera can be nearly hot-to-touch.

This begs the question whether the SJ4000 has heat or thermal problems when run for extended periods of time, such as a few hours? Afterall, the SJ4000 does offer a dashcam mode...

So far I've used my SJ400 Wi-Fi for two hours continuously in 1080p30, Wi-Fi and display off, on battery power only. Two hours was the maximum time on a fully charged battery. The camera did get quite warm but not uncomfortable to the touch. Note however that I had to return one camera because the charger was faulty. It severely overheated and the camera became very hot. As a dash cam I've only used it on short trips under battery power only, but overheating was not a problem while mounted in the windshield under the hot Georgia sun. Cheers :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TeriTerryTarry SJ4000 9
Midge5 SJ4000 28
Back