Any initial setup tricks for the SGGCX2?

Something important that I haven't seen mentioned (unless I read over it) is that to make sure your view is in the path of the windshield wipers. If not you will soon be moving it again!

Something important that I haven't seen mentioned (unless I read over it) is that to make sure your view is in the path of the windshield wipers. If not you will soon be moving it again!

it is mentioned in the user manuals to make sure the cameras are installed within the sweep area of the wipers

it is mentioned in the user manuals to make sure the cameras are installed within the sweep area of the wipers
Definitely, but I was reiterating since nobody said that in the thread before it was moved. I just now realized this thread is older and the OP hasn't been back so I guess it's a moot point anyway.

Definitely, but I was reiterating since nobody said that in the thread before it was moved. I just now realized this thread is older and the OP hasn't been back so I guess it's a moot point anyway.

it never hurts to mention it again, plenty of people don't read the manuals

I would also recommend taking the memory card out and viewing the footage day and night to be sure it is what you want. To my eyes (I have done extensive video editing) the default EV setting is too bright and blows out, but the dark (non headlight areas) you can see more. To me the EV setting of -2/3 is better although the dark areas are darker, but YMMV so do a test to be sure it is what you are looking for because the EV setting is easy to customize.

I would also recommend taking the memory card out and viewing the footage day and night to be sure it is what you want. To my eyes (I have done extensive video editing) the default EV setting is too bright and blows out, but the dark (non headlight areas) you can see more. To me the EV setting of -2/3 is better although the dark areas are darker, but YMMV so do a test to be sure it is what you are looking for because the EV setting is easy to customize.

that's the reason we have the adjustments, so that you can set things how you like

I have two more questions that I need to ask.
First, how do I get the "SGGCX2" to show on the bottom of the videos?
And second, I am having a problem with the video being jerky. I know this isn't a good description but it will be running fine then for a half second seems to speed up, then run fine for a few seconds, then speed up again. Any suggestions? It has a Samsung 32 card that was shipped with the unit.

I have two more questions that I need to ask.
First, how do I get the "SGGCX2" to show on the bottom of the videos?
And second, I am having a problem with the video being jerky. I know this isn't a good description but it will be running fine then for a half second seems to speed up, then run fine for a few seconds, then speed up again. Any suggestions? It has a Samsung 32 card that was shipped with the unit.

Sounds like you’re trying to play files directly off the memory card. Try copying files over to the computer first. Also try another player like VLC Player as your computer might be underpowered.

“Car No” is the menu setting you want for Custom on screeen name.

Page 11 of the full online pdf version of the manual. Https://StreetGuardian.CAM/support

14443bf8f7d80572503893f4007214c1.jpg

You enter that as the plate / car #

Thats most likely a playback issue, try another player, maybe update your codecs
Only play directly from card if you have a good Card reader on a fast bus like USB 3.0, otherwise copy files to computer first and play from there.

Last edited:
Thanks folks, this is my first dash cam and I am still learning.

Good thing is that's its like riding a bicycle, when you have mastered it you can ride any bicycle.
Dashcams are much the same, often a lot the same in regard to menu look, the different menu options also often are called the same.
Other than that's its just a matter of getting going, and if it get real bad you can always reset to default values and start all over.

Back