Any issues with the A129?

Skynet

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo / Mobius / SJ4000 wifi & SJ6 Legend wifi
Looking at ripping out my Mini0906 with all the issues it's having and trying the A129 with hard wire kit (if/when it's available).
Has anyone had any issues with their A129? I don't see much reported for issues. How long have you guys been running it and your thoughts on it's reliability.
Thanks!

I've had some mic/sound issues along with 1 other, and a few has had some wifi issues, but from what I've heard it's nothing alarming.

Thanks Speeder.
I'm waiting till I can get the hardwire kit with parking mode before buying.

Mine has worked no problem from day one.

There were a couple issues posted to reddit, but none of the posters ever follow up with troubleshooting. Buy it from a reputable seller like CaptureYourAction or OCD Tronic and if you do get a bum\defective one just exchange it. I think the rest of us are pretty happy overall.

The WiFi issues I have seen weren't because of the dashcam itself, unless there were some other posts. One was because of an iOS 12 beta, the rest is an issue with Android where you might have to disable data.

I have 2 A129 Duo. None of them have had any issues thus far with recording or playback. Of course I always test the cameras for record, front and back cameras before installation and after install. with a powerbank and after hardwiring to ensure that any potential issues are found before spending time installing only to remove stuff because its faulty.

Looking at ripping out my Mini0906 with all the issues it's having and trying the A129 with hard wire kit (if/when it's available).
Has anyone had any issues with their A129? I don't see much reported for issues. How long have you guys been running it and your thoughts on it's reliability.
Thanks!
It seems to be a very solid product. I've been running A129 in my 2 cars for several weeks now and they've been excellent. No Wi-Fi problems at all but I'm anxious to get the hardware kit with parking mode.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you to all for your input, greatly appreciated!

On hot days - in Malaysia it’s about 32-33C - sometimes the rear camera just stops working. The front camera is working fine though. Any solutions? Or should I claim warranty?

This could happen during startup (rear camera is not appearing and not selectable) or also during a drive (sudden beep and rear overlay on screen disappears).

On hot days - in Malaysia it’s about 32-33C - sometimes the rear camera just stops working. The front camera is working fine though. Any solutions? Or should I claim warranty?

This could happen during startup (rear camera is not appearing and not selectable) or also during a drive (sudden beep and rear overlay on screen disappears).
Do you have any reason to think it stops working due to heat?

First, check your cables:
Have you routed the rear cable passed anything that could cause a lot of interference (eg fuel pump), or is it straight across the roof?
Have you put a lot of ferrite cores on it to reduce radio interference but which are damaging the signal?
Are you using the correct power cable to power the main camera?
Are you using the correct power adaptor to supply the 5V?

Do you have any reason to think it stops working due to heat?

First, check your cables:
Have you routed the rear cable passed anything that could cause a lot of interference (eg fuel pump), or is it straight across the roof?
Have you put a lot of ferrite cores on it to reduce radio interference but which are damaging the signal?
Are you using the correct power cable to power the main camera?
Are you using the correct power adaptor to supply the 5V?

• The rear cable is from the front dashcam - along the leftside front windscreen - along the left topside front door frame - along the left topside rear door - along the leftside rear screen - rear dashcam
• Didn’t put any additional thing to the wires
• Using the original cable by Viofo
• Using the original 12V powerport by Viofo

I notice this only happens during very hot days, but yeah, this might be a correlation, but not causation.

Hmmm, just did a test - I had a 2nd A129 - replaced the rear cam also had the same issue, so it may be the problem of the cable. Will do further tests / recabling

Hmmm, just did a test - I had a 2nd A129 - replaced the rear cam also had the same issue, so it may be the problem of the cable. Will do further tests / recabling
You could also try powering it from a USB powerbank, using a good quality power cable, not a data cable to see if the problem is the power adaptor or original power cable.
I think it is quite likely to be a power issue rather than a heat issue, not sure though.

Mine has been rock solid thus far, fingers crossed. I installed it a few weeks back and shortly after took a 10 day 2,500 mile round trip. We also had a heat wave hit during the trip with temps in the mid to high 90's (F) every day for a week straight. I run my A129 off a Cellink Neo for recording while parked all the time. Even with the high temps experienced and having the cam run continually it never let me down, nor did the Cellink Neo I must add.

During the trip I was tagging files to rewatch when we got home, such as whenever we passed a sign that said "Welcome to XXX" state, or when we were driving through an attraction area, etc etc. When the family and I watched the video once we returned home, and also showed it to others who weren't on the trip, we were all very impressed with just how good the video turned out. Viofo has a really great quality cam at a great price with the A129 IMO.

Back