any links to a battery replacement 522gw in the uk

manic street cabbie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi any links to 522gw nextbase replacement PL 353040H 3.7V 320mAh 1.18Wh battery,customer support isnt very supportive

Hello,

We can provide a new battery for you directly and we offer two battery services. I've provided the details below:

To minimise the time you have to spend apart from your camera, we can send you a battery for £10 with free postage and packaging. This option is only available to mainland UK delivery addresses due to transportation limitations.
The battery replacement process is relatively straight forward and usually takes between 15/20 minutes to complete, but does require some soldering. Unfortunately I can't attached the PDF instructions to this message, so please direct message me your email address and I can send the instructions via email instead.

Alternatively if you don't feel comfortable with the replacing the battery yourself, we can get the camera booked in for repair for £31.20. The average turn around for repairs is between 7-10 working days.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hello,

We can provide a new battery for you directly and we offer two battery services. I've provided the details below:

To minimise the time you have to spend apart from your camera, we can send you a battery for £10 with free postage and packaging. This option is only available to mainland UK delivery addresses due to transportation limitations.
The battery replacement process is relatively straight forward and usually takes between 15/20 minutes to complete, but does require some soldering. Unfortunately I can't attached the PDF instructions to this message, so please direct message me your email address and I can send the instructions via email instead.

Alternatively if you don't feel comfortable with the replacing the battery yourself, we can get the camera booked in for repair for £31.20. The average turn around for repairs is between 7-10 working days.

Kind regards,
Millie
Hi Millie.

I require a battery for the 522GW. Could you please PM me regarding details.

Cheers

Millie,

Thanks for the extremely fast delivery of the battery. It is now fitted and the results are in...

After fully charging the battery, I turned the 522gw on and after 15 seconds the power level indicator dropped to two bars. After 40 seconds it dropped to one bar...

After almost 15 minutes on one bar, it powered off.

I don't understand why the indicator works this way but I'm pleased with the final results so far.

EDIT: updated firmware to 19.9 and battery meter appears to work now.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello,

Kind regards,
Millie

Hi Millie,
I need a battery for my 522GW.
Could you please PM the details ?
Many thanks.

Hello,

Kind regards,
Millie
Hi there.

I also now require a replacement battery for my 522.
Could you kindly provide details via PM?
thanks!

Neil.

Have you tried the nextbase shop?

expand...
Hi Nextbase Support,

I also require a replacement battery for my 522GW dash cam.

I have had issues with the battery level since I bought it, but now the dashcam just refuses to record footage, you start recording and it immediately stops. I've read up it could be related to a low battery issue so thought I would replace and try that before anything else.

I have updated the firmware to the latest firmware version available as of now, downloaded via the MyNextbase Connect app. This has allowed the camera to record 1min 7 seconds of footage when the camera first turns on, and then stops recording. Camera will not record any further footage after that.

Could you very kindly also provide me details for the battery via PM, any other info on the issue im having would be very much appreciated?

Many thanks,

Dean

Hi Nextbase Support,

Bit of an update, I've bought a replacement battery and fitted the replacement battery last night. The low battery warnings have gone, so the battery is working fine. However, I still have the issue of the dash cam not recording footage. Starts recording for one second and then stops.

I've previously updated the firmware to the latest version 21.5 which has not resolved the issue.

I've also removed the SD card, put it into a PC and re-partitioned the SD card, removing the partition, creating a new FAT32 partition and inserting the card back into the camera. This makes no difference. Done the same but with exFAT partition, again makes no difference.

I'm at a total loss now with this dashcam. It's a shame as I have the camera hard wired into the car and have also installed the rear camera in the back window.

Can anyone else think of anything I havent done or thought of yet?

Many thanks,

Dean Gorman

Test the card speed. Modern dash cams need fast write cards, minimum ~50Mbps.

Nextbase advise against SanDisk and I would say the whole card needs to be one, no partitions and FAT32.

I use 'Speedout0.5' to test write speed.

Hi Nextbase Support,

Bit of an update, I've bought a replacement battery and fitted the replacement battery last night. The low battery warnings have gone, so the battery is working fine. However, I still have the issue of the dash cam not recording footage. Starts recording for one second and then stops.

I've previously updated the firmware to the latest version 21.5 which has not resolved the issue.

I've also removed the SD card, put it into a PC and re-partitioned the SD card, removing the partition, creating a new FAT32 partition and inserting the card back into the camera. This makes no difference. Done the same but with exFAT partition, again makes no difference.

I'm at a total loss now with this dashcam. It's a shame as I have the camera hard wired into the car and have also installed the rear camera in the back window.

Can anyone else think of anything I havent done or thought of yet?

Many thanks,

Dean Gorman
Stopping at one second usually indicates a problem with a rear camera. Do you have a rear camera attached please?
If so, please remove the rear camera. Does the same thing now happen?

Kind regards,
Millie

Test the card speed. Modern dash cams need fast write cards, minimum ~50Mbps.

Nextbase advise against SanDisk and I would say the whole card needs to be one, no partitions and FAT32.

I use 'Speedout0.5' to test write speed.
This is interesting as when I inquired directly to Nextbase in 2021 they suggested a specific SanDisk SD as an alternative, which I purchased at a fraction of the price of a Nextbase branded one.

This is interesting as when I inquired directly to Nextbase in 2021 they suggested a specific SanDisk SD as an alternative, which I purchased at a fraction of the price of a Nextbase branded one.
Due to the changes in SD card manufacture, both in location and quality, we no longer suggest using any third party SD cards in Nextbase dashcams.

Kind regards,
Millie

I’ve used SanDisk sd cards for years. I refuse point blank to pay the extortionate price Nextbase put on their cards. SanDisk Extreme Pro, 128gb are 1/3 the price. U3, class10 £24 as compared to £60+
It would be nice to see some card comparisons/reviews. If Nextbase would be prepared to supply a card I’ll happy review it against the others that are available.

Just so that I'm not dreaming, top post :

And, over the years, I've seen many more saying the same.

San Disk Ultra/Extreme SD cards are not designed to be used inside Dash Cams, San Disk actually void the SD card's warranty if an Ultra/Extreme is used inside a Dash Cam.
SanDisk confirm this online here: https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-gb/warranty

1677146433761.png

Kind regards,
Millie

Back