any links to a battery replacement 522gw in the uk

Be that as it may, I have used one without problem for now well over 5 years.
And as “That Guy From Arizona” pointed out, Nextbase were advocating their use even in 2021.
Of course the answer here is that all your dashcams should be supplied with a card from new. It’s like buying a car with no wheels, without them it’s totally useless, but you can mess up if you buy the wrong size. The small amount it would add to the retail cost of your product, as one has to be purchased seperately anyway would be negligible, and possibly would cut out lots of problems.

Completely agree with everything Decking said in his previous post.
I have been busily crash-coursing my dashcam and sd card knowledge.

In my communications with Nextbase support they have been telling me my 522 and my new 622 require at least a ---->48mbs write speed sd card<---- IMPORTANT DETAIL.

In my research, I have learned that even the SanDisk High Endurance card does not rise to that requirement either even tho they say it was designed for dash cams. If memory serves me correctly I think SanDisk publishes that the High Endurance cards write rate is rated at 40mbs.

Does it matter? dunno. Apparently, in some cases, it is possible to overwhelm a card that doesn't meet the required minimum and I have read the controller goes into write protection and renders the card unable to store the data. Apparently, some users claim it has rendered their sd card unusable.

I have also read using the wrong sd card only damages the card itself and not the camera... Maybe Nextbase support can verify for us if that is true. Also, does using a non-compatible sd card affect the Nextbase dash cam warranty at all? Enquiring minds want to know!! :geek:

I found this page helpful. Guide to speed classes
Unless I am missing something, it appears to me that the SanDisk High Endurance SD card does not meet the required minimum speed my 522 or 622 dash cam requires... Your mileage may vary.

In regards to the LiPo battery delimma(s), I have a hunch, ;) ;) that may be a non-issue soon. :cool:

Decking, if I may ask, what dash cam do you currently use?

Very early on I looked at various endurance cards and they all, at the time, had reduced write speeds. Maybe that's why they are endurance, they cap the speed so they last longer.

After investigation I went for the Sammy Evo Plus that also loses its warranty when used in dashcams. Mine has been running flawlessly in 3 different dashcams over 4 years and is still going strong.

Very early on I looked at various endurance cards and they all, at the time, had reduced write speeds. Maybe that's why they are endurance, they cap the speed so they last longer.

After investigation I went for the Sammy Evo Plus that also loses its warranty when used in dashcams. Mine has been running flawlessly in 3 different dashcams over 4 years and is still going strong.
Hey, thanks for sharing your experience. I just found out something very interesting regarding SD Card I never knew existed. I am waiting for clarification. According to an article I read during my morning coffee and meds. SD Cards (maybe not all) have firmware that needs updating from time to time. WHO KNEW!! :LOL:

Never seen that either. I wonder how that happens ?

I have also read using the wrong sd card only damages the card itself and not the camera... Maybe Nextbase support can verify for us if that is true. Also, does using a non-compatible sd card affect the Nextbase dash cam warranty at all? Enquiring minds want to know!! :geek:

Hello,

It's incredibly, incredibly rare that a non-compatible SD card or failed SD card actually damages the dashcam. The only instances I can think of are using a non-compatible SD card during the manual firmware update process and the card dies half way through or if the card is physically cracked (this creates excessive heat and can burn the camera).

For clarification, as part of our Warranty Policy:
'Matters not covered under our manufacturer’s warranty include
1. use of non-approved accessories or components;
2. failure to operate, use, store or maintain the products in accordance with the user instructions (including the use of incorrect power supplies);'

As swapping the SD card will resolve 99% of related SD card problems, and there's no physical damage to the dashcam itself, you won't need to use the dashcam's warranty.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Completely agree with everything Decking said in his previous post.
I have been busily crash-coursing my dashcam and sd card knowledge.

In my communications with Nextbase support they have been telling me my 522 and my new 622 require at least a ---->48mbs write speed sd card<---- IMPORTANT DETAIL.

In my research, I have learned that even the SanDisk High Endurance card does not rise to that requirement either even tho they say it was designed for dash cams. If memory serves me correctly I think SanDisk publishes that the High Endurance cards write rate is rated at 40mbs.

Does it matter? dunno. Apparently, in some cases, it is possible to overwhelm a card that doesn't meet the required minimum and I have read the controller goes into write protection and renders the card unable to store the data. Apparently, some users claim it has rendered their sd card unusable.

I found this page helpful. Guide to speed classes
Unless I am missing something, it appears to me that the SanDisk High Endurance SD card does not meet the required minimum speed my 522 or 622 dash cam requires... Your mileage may vary.

In regards to the LiPo battery delimma(s), I have a hunch, ;) ;) that may be a non-issue soon. :cool:

Decking, if I may ask, what dash cam do you currently use?
Not sure if you got my first reply, but I run with the 522gw complete with rear camera.

Hi Nextbase team, this is most likely a battery issue also, the camera is about 10 months old, purchased from and hard-wire installed by the RAC.

Now, I find that everytime the car stops and shuts down the engine (Start/Stop), the camera resets when the engine starts shuts off or starts back up, sometimes it freezes and fails to power on.

No matter how long I charge it, it lasts about 10 seconds on battery even though the battery guage shows full or shows the boot screen and shuts off.

Please can you send me details on how to get/replace the battery? Thanks, WM.

Hi Nextbase team, this is most likely a battery issue also, the camera is about 10 months old, purchased from and hard-wire installed by the RAC.

Now, I find that everytime the car stops and shuts down the engine (Start/Stop), the camera resets when the engine starts shuts off or starts back up, sometimes it freezes and fails to power on.

No matter how long I charge it, it lasts about 10 seconds on battery even though the battery guage shows full or shows the boot screen and shuts off.

This has been an ongoing issue with some owners, do you know what firmware you are operating on? R23.7 is available and was designed to get over this freezing problem, possibly caused by two previous updates. Have you got a Nextbase sd card inserted and have you been formatting it?

Hi,

As the camera was purchased from RAC directly 10 months ago, it's still covered under warranty by RAC as they offer a one year direct warranty. If you can contact them, they'll replace your dashcam for you.
If you have any issues with this, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Millie

I got an email from Nextbase yesterday saying the 522GW batteries are back in stock. All the links in the email just take you to the Support page with no sign of the battery for sale.
Is there somewhere/a link I can purchase one?

522 GW with rear cam, sorry it took so long to answer

Hello,

We can provide a new battery for you directly and we offer two battery services. I've provided the details below:

To minimise the time you have to spend apart from your camera, we can send you a battery for £10 with free postage and packaging. This option is only available to mainland UK delivery addresses due to transportation limitations.
The battery replacement process is relatively straight forward and usually takes between 15/20 minutes to complete, but does require some soldering. Unfortunately I can't attached the PDF instructions to this message, so please direct message me your email address and I can send the instructions via email instead.

Alternatively if you don't feel comfortable with the replacing the battery yourself, we can get the camera booked in for repair for £31.20. The average turn around for repairs is between 7-10 working days.

Kind regards,
Millie

Hello Millie.
I would like to order a new battery for 522gw but I don't know how, could you help me please.

Hello Millie.
I would like to order a new battery for 522gw but I don't know how, could you help me please.
They haven't logged onto these forums for four months or so, so your best bet is to contact Nextbase directly I'm afraid

Back