Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

For anyone interested how it looks, by the looks of it the camera handles the rear lines on rear screens very well.

You beat me to it! I am more than happy with the footage, although I have found I've had to under expose by about a 3rd of a stop due to both cameras overexposing a little since the FW update.

I have R17.9 Firmware installed. On plugging in the rear camera there were 3 options of possible viewing - front and rear (left), front and rear (right) or front camera only ... it seemed odd to me that was not an option for rear only. So I rang Tech Support and the answer is that the new Firmware to be released imminently is a newer version than R17.9 and that this option will include rear camera only as well.

For information, there are still only 3 options however I have been informed that if you press the mode button while in recording mode it will display rear camera only, not tried it yet.

I am also hoping that the new firmware has the option to rotate the displays for each individual camera. I wish to position my rear camera on a low level light cluster which effectively means the rear camera is upside down, if I rotate the display then the front camera is upside down. Fingers crossed the Tech people have thought of this.

I have two versions of the answers for this one both from Tech Support.

Version 1 ... Thank you for bringing this to our attention this issue has been addressed in the latest Firmware upgrade.
Version 2 ... No this is not in the Firmware upgrade, the camera is only designed to hang down in the window.

Version 2 appears to be correct unless anyone out there knows different.

Pressing the mode button while the camera is recording does indeed show the rear camera video.

I thought it was going to be an option to chose to have the rear camera video shown permanently but it appears that isn't the way it works.

Installed rear cam with no real issues. I've a mondeo and the shielded cable is plenty long enough, had to tuck loads onto headlining.

Quality of video looks to be good if a tad dark but think that's due to cam being angled up a bit too much. Just changed angle so will see tomorrow if it's better.

So far looking good.

Hi is the break light at the top not affecting the video at night ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On second thoughts can't think it's an issue as it's in rear edge of tailgate.

Anyone tried fitting a polarizing filter to the rear cam..?

I can't thank you enough for the patience you've had in regards to waiting for this rear camera to appear.

They are now available to purchase via our Technical Support Centre, please contact us on 02920 866 429 or email us on support@nextbase.co.uk.

There is a limited number available through this offer.

Hi @NextBase Tiffany. I didn't get an email, and I've just checked for updates to this waiting game and found your post. I called the number, spoke to a chap who said the 500 that came in went very quickly, and the next shipment of circa 3,000 will be a couple of weeks.

Will I be able to get one at the offer price, whatever that was, or have I missed that boat now after all these months of patiently waiting?

Anyone tried fitting a polarizing filter to the rear cam..?
That's something I'm also interested in looking at as I get awful reflections from my rear window. Maybe it's the take of the window on my car but some seem less prone to reflection dependant on how the lens is in relation to the rake of the rear window.

That's something I'm also interested in looking at as I get awful reflections from my rear window. Maybe it's the take of the window on my car but some seem less prone to reflection dependant on how the lens is in relation to the rake of the rear window.

I will try and post how it looks/gets on.

Received my rear camera today despite only being ordered on Friday. I’m surprised how small it is.

Now I have to fit it but I do wonder how I will go about routing the cable behind the headlining. Can’t see any way to do it.

Received my rear camera today despite only being ordered on Friday. I’m surprised how small it is.

Now I have to fit it but I do wonder how I will go about routing the cable behind the headlining. Can’t see any way to do it.
Hi Jonah, I took my cable from the front CAM up to the roof liner, out to the plastic trim on the A pillar, tucked it between the roof liner and rubber door seal to the C pillar at the back, pulled off the section off boot rubber at the top and found where my high level brake light wires feed into the boot door and removed door trim panel, run the cable through beside it into the door and replaced trim20180611_183145.jpg20180611_183220.jpg

I am still going to fit mine on a 06 focus and hope it is not too complicated or difficult

I will try and post how it looks/gets on.

I went and brought the Nextbase Polarizing filter just to try out from Halfords. The internal part where the lens is, is made to measure.
But the adhesive pad isn't thick enough, and just sits in the recess and doesn't make contact with the camera.
But in principle the filter it works. Ive had to hold it in place, and turn it with my hand. But I made a short video. see for yourselves.

I can’t believe it. I don’t visit this forum too often but I was on Tiffany’s list and was relying on this for notification of release. I did not receive any emails and have have just found out that the rear camera was released last week. It appears that I’ve missed buying one as there is no stock left. I now have to wait even longer and I’m gutted.

Not sure if anyone has already asked this but I have both the 412gw and 512gw

I was wondering if the 412 could just connect to the 512 in the same way the GWRC connects to the 512?

I'd of tried it but I don't have a lead to test it at the minute

This would be brilliant is maybe that could A) get around waiting trying to purchase a GWRC and B) it could potentially get around having to use 30 frames rather than 60

If this doesn't work I may just go for hooking them both up independently. I'd rather avoid that though as I could do with leaving my second 12v free

I can’t believe it. I don’t visit this forum too often but I was on Tiffany’s list and was relying on this for notification of release. I did not receive any emails and have have just found out that the rear camera was released last week. It appears that I’ve missed buying one as there is no stock left. I now have to wait even longer and I’m gutted.

Its a pity you did not subscribe to thread because that way you would have been able to see camera was available and I think Tiffany did good having to notify a lot of people that camera was available

The thing is I did subscribe to the thread and still didn’t receive anything. I’ve been through my spam folder too and there’s nothing in there. I’m not complaining, it’s just one of those things, still gutted though.

Back