Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

Update 2
10.18 Tiffany has replied to my email of 09.10 today.

Update 3
Monday 16.33 I (eventually) found the time to have a conversation with Tiffany.
Tuesday 18.35 my rear cam was delivered.

NB It was not a freebie, I had to pay for it.

Thank you Nextbase, and Tiffany for your prompt action in resolving our problem.

I am still waiting for a reply, I am loosing interest in nextbase I bought this product on the basis that it would take a rear camera which is proving more difficult as the months go by. I think it’s time to look elsewhere for a product that is available. From a very unhappy soon to be ex nextbase customer!

KIr650steve
Have you sent a PM to Tiffany?
She replied to me on a Sunday, not a normal working day for most office based staff.
Once she had checked my forum activity she apologised, asked me to telephone her whereupon we sorted it all out in a couple of mins.

First Class rectification IMO.

when is this rear camera going to be available in halfords or any other supplier. perhaps someone at nextbase can confirm as halfords have got no idea when they are getting them in.
i too like many bought the 512 because the rear cam was coming out in the next couple of weeks and that was nearly a year ago now.

I have installed the rear cam and it seems to work well. Thank you Tiffany for your tireless work in trying to resolve the plethora of issues and complaints through this forum! However I have started to get ‘Battery Low’ messages on the main camera every time I start the car. In addition the WiFi connection keeps dropping, and I am now getting a message on the screen to choose wether to display the rear camera in screen (right or left) or front only camera every time I start the car... initially that only came up the first time I had plugged in the rear camera. Is this a firmware issue, or a potential faulty front camera? Can the battery be replaced in the camera? The camera is hardwired into an ignition-live point, and I am on the latest firmware (21.6) Thanks

I have installed the rear cam and it seems to work well. Thank you Tiffany for your tireless work in trying to resolve the plethora of issues and complaints through this forum! However I have started to get ‘Battery Low’ messages on the main camera every time I start the car. In addition the WiFi connection keeps dropping, and I am now getting a message on the screen to choose wether to display the rear camera in screen (right or left) or front only camera every time I start the car... initially that only came up the first time I had plugged in the rear camera. Is this a firmware issue, or a potential faulty front camera? Can the battery be replaced in the camera? The camera is hardwired into an ignition-live point, and I am on the latest firmware (21.6) Thanks
Interestingly I've been having a similar issue. IIRC before adding the rear cam I didn't have this. Did wonder if it was related to my car not being used for a couple of days. Took camera out of the car and fully charged the battery and its taken some 2 weeks recur.

when is this rear camera going to be available in halfords or any other supplier. perhaps someone at nextbase can confirm as halfords have got no idea when they are getting them in.
i too like many bought the 512 because the rear cam was coming out in the next couple of weeks and that was nearly a year ago now.
just spoken to my local halfords manager and they have not even heard of the rear camera for the 512GW! so he has no idea when they will be in stock online or in-store!

just spoken to my local halfords manager and they have not even heard of the rear camera for the 512GW! so he has no idea when they will be in stock online or in-store!

I was in Halfords earlier asked about rear, they had no idea what I was on about, not a clue that the camera could have a rear attached to it.

I was in Halfords earlier asked about rear, they had no idea what I was on about, not a clue that the camera could have a rear attached to it.
@NextBase Tiffany just wondering if you can update us on the rear camera availability to halfords etc. the people i have spoken to at my local halfords have no idea what the 512GW rear camera is. or have any idea when it will be in stock.

In all honesty though the only people who will know when to expect shipments is the buyers/logistics managers.

The Halfords distribution centre should receive them 6th July - can't be more specific as to when they'll land in store, pretty soon after I'm assuming.

Although my Halfords seem pretty good. I even got them to fit my 512GW and did a good job.

Agree the shop staff and the manager won't know much when they come in but the Halfords guy that fitted my 512 GW did a pretty neat job of it.

Had this reply from Nextbase nearly 2 weeks ago.
This will be available to purchase from the start of July.
Thanks
Elliott Blackburn
Sales & Marketing Support

The 512GW Rear Dash Cam has appeared on the Halford's website. It doesnt look like you can actually order it yet: its not available for delivery nor are there any stores (near me at least) that have it, but it's progress.

Yes I suppose it could be called progress, by Halfords standards.
I prefer to use smaller suppliers but sadly my 'local' has just closed down so it may soon be big H or ask Tiffany to publish a list of retailers.

I’ve managed to order mine from the Halfords website :)

Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow

The 512GW Rear Dash Cam has appeared on the Halford's website. It doesnt look like you can actually order it yet: its not available for delivery nor are there any stores (near me at least) that have it, but it's progress.
Probably testing an update to the site when you saw it, either that or it's been removed already cause I can't find it on there.

Back