Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

From what has been posted before, it seems that a lot of the delay in the rear camera has been due to the problem of interference with DAB reception.

I have been using a standalone second camera as my rear camera and this also cuts out my DAB radio... Not bothered though as I don't use it.

DAB reception around here is rubbish anyway. I am very surprised how poor it is here in the South East.

DAB standard was watered down in the interest of profit. Quality is arguably better with FM anyway.

It's not arguable. It is.
Really, I never new that. But to be fair I only have FM and though it sounds great as long as the reception was better. I always assumed DAB would be better.

Now I like my old honda even more!

Nope. Lower audio bandwidth. Not to mention the bit rate.

Working fine mounted in the top/centre rear screen of my VW Golf Mk7, no impact on DAB reception.

Guys is there anyway to reduce the impact the rear camera has on radio/central locking interference?

Maybe adding a magnet clip to the line as per the one supplied with the 512gw camera?

Since mounting mine its affected both the radil reception and remote central locking, both antennas are located in the rear window and theres no way to move this im afraid.

Guys is there anyway to reduce the impact the rear camera has on radio/central locking interference?

Maybe adding a magnet clip to the line as per the one supplied with the 512gw camera?

I tried the magnets provided by Nextbase when I complained about the loss of radio signal. They didn't have any effect.

In the end I disconnected the rear dashcam and gave up with it. I'd rather listen to the radio.

The picture from my rear camera is reversed when I look at the front camera screen, is there anyway to change this so it displays the same way round as looking in the rear view mirror

One of the selling points is that is could be used as a reversing camera but the picture on the screen is back to front. E.g when reversing out of my drive the tree that’s is actually on the left is displayed on the right in the picture

Agreed as I already have a reversing camera, my point is that the picture is flipped, even registration numbers of cars behind me are backwards, this can’t be correct and it does state clearly on the box that in full screen mode it can be used for reversing

Agreed as I already have a reversing camera, my point is that the picture is flipped, even registration numbers of cars behind me are backwards, this can’t be correct and it does state clearly on the box that in full screen mode it can be used for reversing

not sure why they would advertise that as a feature, wrong tool for the job

The picture from my rear camera is reversed when I look at the front camera screen, is there anyway to change this so it displays the same way round as looking in the rear view mirror
No answers yet!:eek: Well, can it or can't it?

Previous comments are valid though. It's not a reversing camera and gives you the same view lust as if you were looking out of the back window, which is exactly what you need for a rear dashcam.

Back