Any other firmwares for G1WHT dashcams using firmware G1WT-301-150629V01LD? [SOLVED]

DeLorean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Front: G90 A7LA70 with GPS / Rear: G1WH
I've had 3 of these cameras a while now and the firmware has always been dodgy.
They have a tendency to continually reboot when the power is removed and fill the SD card up and not remove old recordings (the setting are all correct)
As I've just fitted new batteries I decided to try and update their firmware to something more stable.
I've downloaded dozens of alternative firmwares for these cameras but it refuses to flash any of them... so I guess there not suitable.
Has anyone successfully found another firmware for these cameras?
I believe it's a newer model with the GeneralPlus chipset and black PCB.
Here's a photo of the camera pinched from another forum.
Any assistance would be very useful as other than the bugs the cameras all still work well.comment_79D9JCbpF5PiH0ZSDB61MVA0ZGHWFLhk.jpg

I've downloaded dozens of firmwares and one should flash or at least brick the camera but the camera does nothing.
These cameras must use a different file name for the firmware but I've tried every filename.bin I can find on the net and nothing :-(

I believe all three are the Generalplus GP2159 versions.
You can still buy the same cameras online so I'm surprised the isn't a firmware somewhere.
I've tried so many firmwares and not a glimmer of hope from the camera... what should the name of the bin file be to trigger an upgrade in GP powered cameras?

what should the name of the bin file be to trigger an upgrade in GP powered cameras?
no idea, the camera can be setup to use any name for the firmware file, there's no one standard, it's normal (and good practice) to use unique names for different hardware versions so that people don't load incorrect firmware and brick the camera, generalplus is entry level stuff used by design houses that serve the public tooling type market, they don't normally get updates at all, very much a case of 'you get what you get, and don't get upset'

Humm... perhaps it's time to ditch these unsupported cheap Chines cameras and go for branded products with support and reliability.
All three were bought at slightly different time but all have the same issue.
Filling up the SD cards and reboot problems.
My very old G90 (4½ years old) still runs perfectly on it's 256GB SD card... although I have replaced the battery 4 times now.

Okay finally... I managed to update the firmware from G1WT-301-150629V01LD (29/06/15) to G1WHT-301-150730V03LD (30/07/15) and finally to G1WHT-301-160223ZXE (23/02/16).
Firmware G1WHT-301-150730V03LD still had the reboot bug, but no corrupted video files appeared to have be produced on the SD card.
Firmware G1WHT-301-160223ZXE so far has not displayed the reboot bug and has not corrupted video files so (fingers crossed) it appears to be stable... but time will tell.
The firmware files for this camera must be labelled FWG1W.bin for them to work.
Like all other versions of this camera you place the firmware file in the root of the SD card and boot up the camera.
The blue light will blink until the flash process has finished and the camera will automatically reboot... this takes a while so don't panic.
Once done, delete the firmware file from the SD card (or format the card) otherwise the camera it will re-flash the camera every time it boots.
You can download the firmwares from here: https://wr24support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/8000016132-aktualizacja-firmware
I'll run this camera for a while to check it's stability on the newer firmware and If all goes well I'll flash my 2 remaining cameras with the same firmware.
P.S. If your unsure about the firmware search for the string "GPL329xxB SPI 1st bootloader !" in the firmware file... this indicates it's for GeneralPlus processor powered cameras.
P.P.S. Both of these firmwares will switch over the menu and record button functions... this actually makes it more intuitive when changing the settings than the old button layout :)

Last edited:
Okay... after 4 days use it still does the weird reboot on shut down every now and again but doesn't appear to create any corrupt video files.
As long as it can now correctly manage the recordings on the SD card and keeps rolling I’ll live with it.

Boo... all the cameras are still creating the odd corrupt MOV file and rebooting on shutdown every now and again... the two issues must be linked but I can't find any other firmwares to try :-(
Time to go shopping I guess.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z G1WX 18
H G1WX 15
R G1WX 43
Back