ANY-Q blackbox from SOOIN, Korea

teaderinker

Reaction score
Since I couldn't find anyone posted review on this ANY-Q blackbox from SOOIN, Korea, I want to ask here if anyone has experience with it. There are some sample footage shot by this car camera and they look pretty good, and comparable to ITB-100HD, as far as I can tell.
T'anks

Hi teaderinker,

As far as I can tell the SooinKorea Any-Q is a new camera and there is little real live information on it. From what I have seen on Korean sites the SooinKorea brand is not that popular. There is some more information on the SooinKorean Any-Power DVR that appears to have the Sony Exmor CMOS sensor. If I come across any more info, I will share. Just a tip, for searching this on eBay: search for any-q, soonin or sooninkorea. The vendors are not consistent with naming.

On the ebay pictures I didn't see any picture from the front of the camera or something about the mounting system.
But I found later on their site.

I see some nice features:
1. Sensing intensity of illumination or Recognizing Daytime / Nightime - ISP Lux Detection like they are calling the feature which will add brightness to the default values when camera is recording in low light conditions.

Some transitions from daylight to low light:

Night city mode:
2. 500M pixel
3. 60fps for 720p

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
couple of observations from those two clips,

in the first clip you can see the hot start time for the GPS is very slow, I've got a 5km long tunnel near home and coming out of the tunnel the GPS picks back up within 2 seconds, this one was very slow by comparison

in the second clip it's very hard to tell what sort of night performance it offers, driving through a neon jungle like that there is so much ambient light that improves the result, a couple of spots there it seemed to darken out, maybe the transition of light to dark playing with the sensor, I wonder how that would fair on a country road though with minimal lighting or oncoming traffic with it constantly trying to compensate, situations like this are difficult to accommodate with a software solution to a problem

Yes, there is a reason why I wrote Night city mode.

Look here what I mean with city:

and without city:

Is the same camera, same settings, same winter. :lol:

For the first video somebody can say: man, what a fantastic quality for $35.
And for the second: man, stop recording with the lighter, buy a camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Mtz said:
Yes, there is a reason why I wrote Night city mode.

Is the same camera, same settings, same winter. :lol:

For the first video somebody can say: man, what a fantastic quality for $35.
And for the second: man, stop recording with the lighter, buy a camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

yeah kind of what I thought it might be like on a dark road, to be fair though I made the incorrect assumption that because it was a Korean cam it was probably more expensive, given the price it's the expected result

I've seen lots people say some cam is better than another and they're basing that on some night video shot in Hong Kong or Taiwan or whatever v's someone's cam footage that they've seen from here driving around suburban areas, they don't get how much impact ambient light has on the result regardless of what price or quality level the camera is

For the actual $189 price EMS included from ebay I think is a correct price.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
For the actual $189 price EMS included from ebay I think is a correct price.

enjoy,
Mtz

oh ok, I thought this was a cheapy from your earlier comment, I'll retract that statement then, if this cam is $189 I'd look elsewhere

Thank Y'all for the information and insights. The paper spec looks pretty impressive and hits all the points, but dunno what's the reality check without any firsthand experience. I will check out the u-tube video clips closely.

Back