Any recommendations for hardwiring kit?

peterjt

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm planning on ordering an A119S from OCD Tronic Canada on Amazon.ca and was wondering if there were any recommendations for additional bits, such as a hard wiring kit? I also know the brand of SD card is important with Transcend being the preferred brand, but those seem to be in short supply.

Peter

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We will have some quality hard wire kits options available in a few weeks. Details coming soon. There is a lot of junk out there with unstable internal power supplies that fail in the winter so be careful.

CPUSB01 is a good quality power supply.

Samsung EVO Select is the new recommended card.

Transcend is having a supply shortage and prices are out of control until they recover later this summer.

Thanks for your business. If you have any questions, @OCD Tronic Canada or myself are happy to help.

EDIT:

Check out the all new GUARDTRAK GTMUSBHW (new product/listing on Amazon launched today)
It's got the same quality power supply used in CELLPOWER / Street Guardian power supplies. It won't fail in extreme Cold/Heat like the cheap ones do. (very clean stable power supply)
UjSLsif.png

Last edited:
I love the SAMSUNG EVO, but my F770 doesn't, I used a generic $3 power supply from either fasttech or dealextreme when I was using nextbase cams, it is still in dash and gets used when I put sat nav up

Last edited:
My A118c is hardwired using the nextbase hardwire kit, its completely plug'n'play, no need to splice or crimp wires together and it came with piggyback fuses and a ferrite core

can be bought cheap if you're lucky. I don't know the prices over in Canada but it retails in stores here at £20, I got mine for £12

Argh. Took a look at the Amazon CA price for the 64GB Evo Select card .. $70 CAD but it has free shipping lol.

Argh. Took a look at the Amazon CA price for the 64GB Evo Select card .. $70 CAD but it has free shipping lol.

Take a look at the Lexar High Endurance cards. They've come down in price recently and Amazon is saying it should be available in a week or three - if you can wait. I have the 64GB versions in both my A119S devices.

I will need one for my Vico MF3 .. what is a good Quality one .. and where to get in Oz?

You quoted my recommendation of a high endurance lexar card on amazon.CA with a link to a high endurance transcend card that is much more from amazon.COM, with no other context. Am I missing something? I'm not sure the point of your post.
I was using my Ipad at the time I posted that other link for Transcend 64gb card and had a hard time to copy and paste. The transcend was the recommended card for these Camera's,but the biggest reason i posted an alternative was your link says available in 2 to 3 weeks while this one is in stock now. When i got my A119S, I had no memory card and it was gonna take 10 days or more to even get one to try out my new camera. Again,my link says in stock and just an alternative....If i knew how to delete my link,i'd do it..sorry..

I love the SAMSUNG EVO

My 3 year old 256gb EVO SSD in this old 5 year old laptop is still working sweet................. How is that for fast technology into a Micro SD is bewildering

I was using my Ipad at the time I posted that other link for Transcend 64gb card and had a hard time to copy and paste. The transcend was the recommended card for these Camera's,but the biggest reason i posted an alternative was your link says available in 2 to 3 weeks while this one is in stock now. When i got my A119S, I had no memory card and it was gonna take 10 days or more to even get one to try out my new camera. Again,my link says in stock and just an alternative....If i knew how to delete my link,i'd do it..sorry..

Ah, well @peterjt is in Canada so they will want Amazon.ca, not amazon.com, and the lexar one is way cheaper than the transcend one, even if there is a wait. I have 32GB transcend high endurance ones in my rear cameras, but in the A119S I have the lexar high endurance 64GB. I don't think there's as big of concern when you are buying high endurance ones that are intended for dashcamera use. I've had good results with my lexar cards. If peterjt happens to have some older, smaller cards around, then they could use them until the ordered ones show up.

In lieu of a hard wire kit, I suggest using an add-a-fuse connector with a loose 12V socket and connect ground to chassis. Often ground connections are near the fuse box or a mounting bolt can be used. Nylon tie together the provided cord and the loose socket, run the cable under the dash to the door, hide behind door gasket or trim to behind headliner and adhesive mount the cam behind review mirror opposite of driver, but with enough room to access control buttons and SD card.

With little extra cost the dashcam is powered and protected as intended by the manufacturer and if you picked the wrong fuse, easy to move to another.

I've ordered a unit today along with SD card. I'm holding off on the hardwire kit and will just use the included adapter at first.

We'll... The camera and memory card arrived today :) Dumb me.. I ordered SD cards NOT micro SD! Lol

Apart from my F770 which came with hardwire kit I used a £2.50p voltage convertor for all the others and none have missed a beat.

I use the cheapie ones with the cylindrical inline fuse.

Five vehicles, over a year, extreme heat, zero issues

I went with this ARECORD AR-HWT-2AE and this HitCar Add-A-Fuse (small fuse size option for my vehicle).

Snipped the push-on connector off of the add-a-fuse kit and soldered it onto the converter positive wire and added a ring terminal to the converter ground wire for a nice ground bolt I found right next to my fuse box.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gregorich A119S 37
K A119S 10
Back