Any suggestions before I toss my A119?

Larrygee

Reaction score
Country
United States
My A119 took a crap. Frozen at the Logo screen. I've tried the reset button. Nothing.

I've attempted all of the upgrade instructions, including the new loader software and the fawb bin file.. No luck. Still frozen.

The device wont go into mass storage mode when connected to the pc. Even though I can load the updated software to the card via the pc, the device wont boot.

I've tried different sd cards. Even a new updated one in my other A119.

Any suggestions before I throw it out?

My A119 took a crap. Frozen at the Logo screen. I've tried the reset button. Nothing.

I've attempted all of the upgrade instructions, including the new loader software and the fawb bin file.. No luck. Still frozen.

The device wont go into mass storage mode when connected to the pc. Even though I can load the updated software to the card via the pc, the device wont boot.

this is not treated, please contact support.

your sd card formatted as fat32, right?
and the .bin file is loaded onto a card is actually a .bin file, not a .zip, right?
the image sensor ribbon cable reset may help.
after that: try to load the loader first, try it more than once, after each try keep the camera connected to a power source for a minute. after that try to load the firmware.
try to fix it, it's fun. :)

Reactions: gse
your sd card formatted as fat32, right?
and the .bin file is loaded onto a card is actually a .bin file, not a .zip, right?
the image sensor ribbon cable reset may help.
after that: try to load the loader first, try it more than once, after each try keep the camera connected to a power source for a minute. after that try to load the firmware.
try to fix it, it's fun. :)
Did it happen so? or is it a theory?

Did it happen so? or is it a theory?
:)
I did recover my A119 this way including a ribbon reset 2-3 times (the camera did not boot or respond to any buttons push except the power button), and not once. the other A119 with a similar problem died during a recovery process, VIOFO kindly sent me a board replacement and since then both my A119 work.
edit: it sounds strange but if you do the same thing the same way more than once it may start working, I have no idea why.

Reactions: gse
if the camera hasn't booted correctly it is possible for the firmware to not load, in this case remove the memory card, power the camera up, press and hold the reset button for a few seconds so that the camera restarts, after it has powered up again disconnect power and let it shutdown, put the card back in that has the firmware update and try it again, if the boot process was screwed up this will normally sort it out and firmware will load

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cobber A119 4
C A119 298
Back