Any users opinions on this product ?

sadarahu

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to hear opinions on using this CAM. Friend of mine purchased this for his wife but did not yet fully tested.

link: QVIA-LUCAS

QVIA QR790S Duo

It supposed to be god quality 2K camera. My main concern is its parking mode features (buffered recording etc.) and long term operation (features for 2-3 days recording with external Batt.)

It is hard to find all details on dealer sites and I'm also not sure how god is support, community etc.

I just purchased VIOFO A190 but I'm going to return it because it is missing buffered parking mode recording (for me its a must).

Cams like BlackVue 4k 900S are bit to expensive so QVIA seem to be mid-range in features and price.

I would love to hear opinions from users who own it

ART

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07NTSX8HG

There is a dedicated AR790 sub-forum where you can read about other owners' experiences with this camera:

P.S. If you edit your thread title to "Any users opinions on AR790 ?" you are more likely to get responses from people who have this camera.

I assume you mean you have the VIOFO A129? If so, buffered parking mode is currently being developed. It’s being beta tested now.

I'd like to hear opinions on using this CAM. Friend of mine purchased this for his wife but did not yet fully tested.

QVIA QR790S Duo

It supposed to be god quality 2K camera. My main concern is its parking mode features (buffered recording etc.) and long term operation (features for 2-3 days recording with external Batt.)

It is hard to find all details on dealer sites and I'm also not sure how god is support, community etc.

I just purchased VIOFO A190 but I'm going to return it because it is missing buffered parking mode recording (for me its a must).

Cams like BlackVue 4k 900S are bit to expensive so QVIA seem to be mid-range in features and price.

ART

Yes, The Qvia QR790-S DOES support parking mode “pre-buffer” recording. The camera comes with a hardwire kit, and once installed, it features two options for parking mode recording.

1.) Pre-Buffer Motion / G-sensor Event Recording OR
2.) Time-Lapse Recording.

^ You can choose which one you use when recording in parking mode.

Seeing as you’re going to install a third-party battery pack, the QR790-S will operate until the battery pack is depleted. I should also point out, that the hardwire kit includes the power cut off function, and will cut power once the battery (be it an external or a vehicle’s battery) reaches a point where drainage might occur. Now the unique part about the Qvia cameras (including the QR790-S), is HOW footage is allocated to the memory card for the four recording modes. We’ll focus on the parking recording mode for this post!

Like I said above, you can set up parking mode recording to function in one of two ways: Pre-Buffer Motion / G-sensor Event Recording OR Time-Lapse Recording.

1. Motion Detection & Event Recording:

“Pre-Buffered” Motion detection is designed to capture… well, you guessed it… motion! Any trigger event (keying paint, touching, accident, etc.) that does NOT involve or register with the G-sensor— but is in the direct line of site of the camera’s lens— will be captured by motion detection recording. The QR790-S records even the slightest movement of an object and stores a 30-second recorded video file onto the microSD card in the ‘Motion Recording’ folder (10 seconds prior to and 20 seconds during/after the motion is detected). Motion Detection Recording is advantageous to capture specific events via motion without recording the entire duration while the vehicle is parked.

“Pre-buffer” Event Recording will capture any events (impacts, earthquakes, etc.) that register with the G-sensor. A 30-second recorded video file will be saved onto the microSD card in the ‘Event Recording’ folder (10 seconds prior to and 20 seconds during/after the event has been detected). Event Recording is advantageous to capture events that trigger and register with the G-sensor but not necessarily caught in the camera’s line of sight (side-impacts, earthquakes, keying, etc.).

2. Time-Lapse Recording:

Time Lapse Recording will capture 1-frame every second and save a 30-second video file on the microSD card in a folder called ‘Time-Lapse Recording’. A 30-second video file contains individual images spanning about 7 minutes and 30 seconds. Time-Lapse Recording is advantageous to capture the entire duration— while the vehicle is parked— in many 1-second fragments. These fragments are then compiled together to display the entire duration just as if the camera was recording like normal.

For customer support, OCD Tronic handles all pre and post sale customer support for any products purchased through us. Please keep in mind that if you do purchase this product from us and you’re not completely satisfied, you can return the camera within 30 days for a full refund!

Last edited:
There is a dedicated AR790 sub-forum where you can read about other owners' experiences with this camera:

P.S. If you edit your thread title to "Any users opinions on AR790 ?" you are more likely to get responses from people who have this camera.

The AR790S is newer than the AR790
I’ll PM DashCamMan to ask he adds new sub-threads for the latest new QVIA models

I was originally looking at the Blackvue dashcam, but Dashcams Australia gave the Qvia QR790 such a good review and it was about $100 cheaper than the Blackvue so I jumped in and purchased a single camera system.
First thing I noticed is that it is very bulky. Due to my car having a mirror with sensors etc I was restricted in where I could place the dashcam and due to its bulk I just couldn’t place it in the position I wanted to put it.
The picture quality looks pretty good but I wouldn’t say it looks any better than the quality produced by my husbands $120 dashcam.
The dashcam has a lot of features such as lane departure warnings, proximity warnings and warnings for when the GPS signal is not stable as well. The warnings consist of an audible chime or tone. What I have discovered using this camera is that GPS signals are hardly ever constant or stable and I ended up having to turn the audio off on the camera because it just wouldn’t SHUT UP!!
The wifi feature is good and you can access the camera and review footage via your mobile very easily. You can also check the positioning of the camera by reviewing the live feed but as soon as you connect to the camera via wifi the recording function stops.
Overall, the camera is ok, but if I had my time over, I would go for the Blackvue or get a cheaper one like my husbands.

QVIA QR790S Duo

ART

I have a single channel QR790, it seems to be a reasonable camera. It is capable of being hardwired for parking but I do not currently use that feature. My husband has a $129 dashcam that records
In 1080 and the quality of that appears to be just as good as my QR790.
I was initially looking at the Blackvue but went for this because Dashcams Australia have it a good review. I regret my decision.
The QR790 is a bulky unit which makes it difficult to place when you have sensors in your mirror unit.
I also had to turn the audio off on the camera because it just doesn’t shut up!

I recently installed a QR790s that replaced a AR790 that died after 2 years. Still learning the QR790 It seems pritty much like the AR790.

My new QT790 has firmware 3.3.3 and I'm trying to update it to 3.5.7

1) Formatted the SD card FAT32
2) Copied QR790.BIN extracted from QR790_V3.5.7.zip file.
3) With QR790 turned off and Car turned on, I inserted the SD card in the QR790.
4) Turned on the Qr790 and some lights flashed then the QR790 said "Please Format" I formatted the card using the QR790.
It did not work
1f61e.png

The dash cam is still on firmware 3.3.3

I did the same thing but with just adding the QR790.bin to the SD card with out reformatting it. Did not update it either. :(

Back