Any way to lock recordings that aren't "event" files?

DashOto

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Caught a careless driver lane swerving like crazy.
Once I parked at home to try to lock the file so I could grab it off the sd card the next day, I realized I couldn't lock the file.
The file has been overwritten now, but is there no way to lock these files from the mobile app?

I didn't see an option to do so, period.
I see in the instruction book that you can do it with event files though.
Are "manual recordings" classified as events?
So when I wave in front of my proximity sensor, it will start a manual recording event and auto lock (or I manually lock)?

A manual created event ( by pressing button ) should be just as safe from getting overwritten as any other event file.

Sounds like you are only recording events and nothing else ?
If you are that to me are a shaky way of going about dashcams, i would want to record all the time, and then maybe have a few things saved as events, and a memory card in a size that at least store 8 hours of driving before anything get overwritten.

Yeah, it's just slow with the DR750S.
I could upload it to their cloud if I was inclined, but I assume that would take longer even.

Seems silly to only be able to lock events and not regular capture.

Thanks @kamkar1
I guess I'll have to try and remember waving my arms at my cam when I see someone acting up.
Maybe I need to get a second camera to film me being a wacky inflatable tube man just to grab and lock a manual event file.
A bigger card would solve my problem too :LOL:
or at least give me a few days without it being overwritten.

I really like the newer cameras that have a remote button for event files tou can place in a convenient location, i will give you messing around in front of the mirror on a camera you are more or less able to see can be problematic.
Some have circumvented this problem by gluing something on the button to make it stand out from the others , some models the buttons are pretty much same size, so hard to get a fell for which button you are on.

with a 2 channel like yours ( i think it is at least not a blackvue buff ) then a 128 Gb memory card is what i would shoot for.

As for the regular recordings and no use of the manual event button, than this is what i have done for years, just make a mental note of where something worth happening worth saving happen, it worked for me most times, but i have also lost out a few times as my old misused brain just come up with a blank, and me not wanting to sit thru 1 hour of driving just to out 1 idiot for a few seconds on youtube.
I am still not good at using the event button, but slowly i am getting better, what is helping is newer cameras and the way they manage events you dont have to press the button right when it happen of seconds there after.

Ofcourse going this manual memory route do call for a memory card at least able to hold your current drive out and home, and then a functioning brain,,,, mine have been misused by drugs for a couple of decades and all other kind or work related solvents and so on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T BlackVue Other 1
Back