Any where to buy VIOFO A129 from the UK

Batvan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo
Hi Everyone ;)

I'm currently looking to change my front dash camera (Mini 0806s) (64gb) & my rear dash cam (Black Xplore) (32gb) so I have 2 cameras again but connected to each other rather than two single units. I will probably either sell on the existing units or I might pass them on to family for their own vehicles etc.

Both my current dash cameras both plug into their own cigarette lighters (front & back)

My current dash cams work faultlessly with no issues & since seeing the Viofo A129 on YouTube, I've been really impressed with the quality etc but I would like to ask a few questions that I'm hoping you folks would have the answer for?

1. Have any issues been fixed with the Viofo A129 to date as to when the camera first came out.

2. Is there still any issues to date?

3. What 64gb or 128gb sd card would you guys recommend? (The 2nd link below comes with the sd card, is this one any good?)

4. Is there still a DAB issue? or has this now been fixed.

I was looking to buy the Viofo A129 from one of these two places below?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123341505561
or here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07DVT98DW
These are the only 2 U.K sellers I can find & would like to know if anyone has purchased from either one (good or bad feedback)

Sorry for all the questions but would appreciate any help or knowledge you guys can share with me.

1 & 2) Don't think there's anything that needs fixing, nothing affecting stability at least.

3) They appear to be supplying ADATA MLC cards, should be alright. Recommendations you'll get here are Samsung U1/U3 or Sandisk A1.

4) There's no way around it, need to route rear camera cable away from the antenna or its wiring.

1 & 2) Don't think there's anything that needs fixing, nothing affecting stability at least.

3) They appear to be supplying ADATA MLC cards, should be alright. Recommendations you'll get here are Samsung U1/U3 or Sandisk A1.

4) There's no way around it, need to route rear camera cable away from the antenna or its wiring.

Thanks for the reply Harsh, I'm thinking to get some foil insulation tape & wrap/tape that around the front to rear cable sheath, hoping that might stop the interference.

Thanks for the reply Harsh, I'm thinking to get some foil insulation tape & wrap/tape that around the front to rear cable sheath, hoping that might stop the interference.

We don't have DAB here so haven't tried any remedies. You could try insulating the cable and see if it helps.

i brought from amazon through HDIGITAL EYE - came pretty fast new issues.
before OP commits to buy, did you get it with one of the memory card selections or did you buy without and use your own? if you selected a card, what brand did they send and is it reliable?

i brought one without memory card, and brought Samsung high endurance card separate

i was double checking my order on amazon and it has had a price bump since i've brought it.. i paid £129 for camera only, its listed as £149 now

Chat with Viofo on official website, they usually have some items in UK warehouse.

Thanks everyone for the input, I'll think I'll try Viofo directly then as mentioned above (y) & see if they have them in stock in the uk.

Sent Viofo a message on their website chat box & had to input my email address so waiting for a reply, in the meantime can I ask what folks think of the mini 0906 mk2

http://www.combi.org.uk/products/165/Mini-0906-Dual-Lens-2x-1080P-Full-HD-Dash-Cam-with-GPS

I’ve checked out the mini 0906 section within the forum & I have seen that the mini 0906 is quite problematic but is that the early mk1 1st released models?

Seeing that I currently have a mini 0806s as my front dashcam & it’s been faultless, I have to say that I’ve always liked the mini series due to its small discreet design & comparing it to the Viofo design my personal preference is to favour the mini purely on design & discreetness but no doubt the Viofo a129 is a much better camera in every way possible.

With all that in mind! Would folks recommend the mini 0906 or is it a dash camera to completey stay away from?

I appreciate everyone’s advice & input, sorry for all the questions ;):cool:

Viofo have been in-touch with me & said to either order directly from them & leave a message saying can they send from their U.K warehouse (so not a problem) but someone else from Viofo also sent me a message saying to buy it from them directly via amazon?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07DHKLH4F
Either way I now have 2 good options on buying the Viofo a129 but just not sure if to get the Mini 0906 duo or the Viofo a129 duo?

Viofo have been in-touch with me & said to either order directly from them & leave a message saying can they send from their U.K warehouse (so not a problem) but someone else from Viofo also sent me a message saying to buy it from them directly via amazon?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07DHKLH4F
Either way I now have 2 good options on buying the Viofo a129 but just not sure if to get the Mini 0906 duo or the Viofo a129 duo?
I would go for the Amazon option since it is "fulfilled by Amazon" so easy to return in the unlikely event of a fault.
It says "Sold by Foxoffer", which is a sister company to Viofo so no worries there.

The A129 is a significantly better camera than the 0906, if you can afford the extra then it is worth the investment. The 0906 is built to be cheap, the A129 is built to reliably give great quality images, plus the A129 has starlight sensors front and back, but the 0906 only has a low light sensor at the back where it is often darkest since your headlights are at the front!

Thanks Nigel for your'e reply, I definitely agree that the Viofo a129 is a much better camera (front & rear) the mini 0906 really isn't in the same league in fairness to the Viofo a129, it's just the discreetness factor of the 0906 that I like & the a129 is only around £50 more (there about) but definitely worth it.

Thanks for letting me know about the amazon sister company that is good news to hear.

Sorry but is it easy enough once gps mounted & camera clicks/slides on, to take off the front camera as when I'm parked up at home on the driveway, I dont like to leave the camera on the front windscreen?

Thanks Nigel for your'e reply, I definitely agree that the Viofo a129 is a much better camera (front & rear) the mini 0906 really isn't in the same league in fairness to the Viofo a129, it's just the discreetness factor of the 0906 that I like & the a129 is only around £50 more (there about) but definitely worth it.

Thanks for letting me know about the amazon sister company that is good news to hear.
The A129 is reasonably discreet in most cars, I have mine mounted under the mirror where it is visible but it's not obvious that it isn't part of the mirror. My 0906 was probably more noticeable since it had to be mounted off centre. The A129 is probably smaller than you think if you haven't seen one.

Sorry but is it easy enough once gps mounted & camera clicks/slides on, to take off the front camera as when I'm parked up at home on the driveway, I dont like to leave the camera on the front windscreen?
A129 comes off the mount very easily, much better than the 0806, only issue is that you need to unplug the rear camera since that cable plugs into the main body instead of the mount, and if you are using the hardwire parking kit then the power cable as well, but it's still not difficult. The mount connection is a lot stronger/more solid than the mini series, no wobbling about or flexing.

PS: The 0906 also has the rear camera cable going into the main body, which I found more of a pain than with the A129 since it goes into the top where you can't see what you are doing!

I use mini 0906 and it's quite nice apart from the fact that it disrupts the radio signal in my car. Can't listen to my favorite station.

I use mini 0906 and it's quite nice apart from the fact that it disrupts the radio signal in my car. Can't listen to my favorite station.
All cameras can do that, and it's worse if they have extra cables running to the back of the car. You need to keep the dashcam cables on the opposite side of the car to the radio antenna cables, and if that doesn't work then think about installing a decent quality roof antenna for your radio.

Back