Any where to buy VIOFO A129 from the UK

The A129 is reasonably discreet in most cars, I have mine mounted under the mirror where it is visible but it's not obvious that it isn't part of the mirror. My 0906 was probably more noticeable since it had to be mounted off centre. The A129 is probably smaller than you think if you haven't seen one.

A129 comes off the mount very easily, much better than the 0806, only issue is that you need to unplug the rear camera since that cable plugs into the main body instead of the mount, and if you are using the hardwire parking kit then the power cable as well, but it's still not difficult. The mount connection is a lot stronger/more solid than the mini series, no wobbling about or flexing.

PS: The 0906 also has the rear camera cable going into the main body, which I found more of a pain than with the A129 since it goes into the top where you can't see what you are doing!

Thanks again mate for the reply ;) Yep I have not seen the a129 in the flesh & I was automatically thinking that it is bigger than the mini 0906 or 0806 because it has a 0.5inch bigger screen compared to the mini but with everything you have mentioned above, it makes me feel more at ease & kind of music to my ears if I'm honest. I only ever take the front camera off from my windscreen when I get home from work etc as the sun shines right in my front windscreen so I've never leave my dash-cam on my front windscreen when I get home.

I use mini 0906 and it's quite nice apart from the fact that it disrupts the radio signal in my car. Can't listen to my favorite station.

Yeah I've seen some posts about this (I think on both mini & a129) but to be honest I hardly listen to any radio (maybe the odd time) so really that don't bother me to be fair but I appreciate the heads-up

Can I ask what sd cards people recommend for this camera, I'm thinking to get a 128gb sd card but would like to purchase a genuine sd card & maybe one that people use in their a129? Would it be possible to post a link to a genuine 128gb sd card that maybe people have purchased from that seller etc.

Then I'll be ready to purchase the whole lot today & will do a little update once I receive the camera/installed.

Many Thanks

Can I ask what sd cards people recommend for this camera, I'm thinking to get a 128gb sd card but would like to purchase a genuine sd card & maybe one that people use in their a129? Would it be possible to post a link to a genuine 128gb sd card that maybe people have purchased from that seller etc.

Then I'll be ready to purchase the whole lot today & will do a little update once I receive the camera/installed.

Many Thanks
I'm using a Samsung Evo plus 128 U3 in my A129 and have had no problems, I didn't get it from Amazon, but since you are there: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B06XFX9N84 I might go for the cheaper U1 version if I trusted the seller, no need for U3. The U3 cards sometimes have issues with Ambarella processor based cameras but seem pretty reliable in Novatek based cameras like the A129 & Mini 0906.

That is a suggestion rather than a recommendation, I'm really not sure what the current best choice is, and as long as they work it is very hard to say one is better than another until you have tested their lifespan for a couple of years, by which time there will be no point recommending them since that model will no longer be available!

Many Thanks

Here's a thread in this forum concerning recommendations and the A129, but as mentioned in it, I recommend the new A1 branded Sandisk ultra cards in whatever size suits your needs. I personally have been using the Sandisk Ultra A1 branded 256GB version, and have experienced no issues since getting the camera days after release. I run it for over 2 days in parking mode off a Cellink Neo battery pack with 2 expansion modules and have taken summer trips to various parts of the US where temps were high 90's farenheit for days and everything is running great.

I did have a time where the camera would power off and on but I was able to find the problem and it was a simple connection issue, nothing camera or memory card related.

That Amazon listing could do with a review being added - Viofo don't cheat with Amazon reviews like some companies ;)

For sure mate, I'll test out the Viofo a129 & probably after a few weeks I will leave a review

Thanks for choosing the VIOFO A129, any questions you can share here or talk to me directly.

Thanks :) Hopefully everything will be smooth but if I do need any assistance, I will definitely look you up :cool:

That Amazon listing could do with a review being added - Viofo don't cheat with Amazon reviews like some companies ;)

see that's a real situation, real reviews come very slowly, look at all the no name brands on Amazon that are pumped full of reviews and ask yourself how is it that brands that never get a mention here seem to have so many happy users the moment they're released, the Amazon review system is very broken, Amazon don't really care though as they just want sales

Well received everything today that I ordered :cool: First impressions is wow, I actually didn't think the front & rear camera was that small, I thought they were bigger so I already like that fact ;) It does feel of good build quality especially comparing it to the Mini 0806-0906 as I currently have the mini 0806 & that is really built cheaply after feeling the Viofo a129 in your hand so far I'm pleased & hopefully will get time tomorrow or during the week (hopefully not next week) to install it all! Can't wait.

Thanks again to everyone for your'e assistance, the Viofo a129 definitely feels & seems the better choice to choose :D

All installed today, everything went well as regards the installation (front & rear camera) fully working perfectly, audio is working fine along with the Sandisk 128gb, run/installed the rear view camera cable via my roof lining & straight away I tested my DAB & that is working exactly the same as it was before :) so happy days, also tested the picture quality via the sd card in my laptop & the front camera is so sharp compared to the mini 0806s (picture quality a lot better) the rear camera is also good but definitely not as sharp/crisp as the front but in fairness the actual quality of the rear view camera is fine.

The only thing I’m wondering if anyone can share any light on is: (WDR) I had this on & I have not tested with it off so I can comment on that factor but with WDR on I noticed it seems to add more light in? Is this correct or am I completely wrong :D I don’t really understand what it does & if it’s worth having it on or off, I might do a trial n error to see if I can notice any difference but would be nice to understand what it does & if folks recommend it on/off(y)

I will update in due course after a few weeks or a month but would like thank everyone who has inputted their time n advice in helping me out :cool:(y)

All installed today, everything went well as regards the installation (front & rear camera) fully working perfectly, audio is working fine along with the Sandisk 128gb, run/installed the rear view camera cable via my roof lining & straight away I tested my DAB & that is working exactly the same as it was before :) so happy days, also tested the picture quality via the sd card in my laptop & the front camera is so sharp compared to the mini 0806s (picture quality a lot better) the rear camera is also good but definitely not as sharp/crisp as the front but in fairness the actual quality of the rear view camera is fine.

The only thing I’m wondering if anyone can share any light on is: (WDR) I had this on & I have not tested with it off so I can comment on that factor but with WDR on I noticed it seems to add more light in? Is this correct or am I completely wrong :D I don’t really understand what it does & if it’s worth having it on or off, I might do a trial n error to see if I can notice any difference but would be nice to understand what it does & if folks recommend it on/off(y)

I will update in due course after a few weeks or a month but would like thank everyone who has inputted their time n advice in helping me out :cool:(y)
I keep my WDR off. My videos seem clearer and sharper with WDR off. Try it both ways, to see which way you like it better. I keep Wifi off too. Its a great cam very happy with mine

Thanks for choosing the VIOFO A129, any questions you can share here or talk to me directly.

I bought mine directly from Viofo last month. Only took 3 days to arrive as it was shipped from their UK warehouse.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dashcam-noob.35512/#post-420944

That is what I was thinking. I would rather order directly from VIOFO (especially as I want their MLC memory card for tests) than from unknown seller on Amazon. At least I will be sure that the item is genuine and warranty valid.

On the other hand, I was wondering if the customs/ taxes will be added when delivered to the UK.

I tried to simulate purchase from:
https://www.viofo.com/home/79-72-a1...l-hd-dash-camera.html#/25-gps_module-included

Checked out by PayPal and it did not add anything extra when the UK address given.
How did you purchase yours? Did you get it from www.viofo.com?
Did you pay by Paypal and used their currency conversion from $ or did you chosen GBP as a currency at viofo.com and paid in pounds?

Thanks.

That is what I was thinking. I would rather order directly from VIOFO (especially as I want their MLC memory card for tests) than from unknown seller on Amazon. At least I will be sure that the item is genuine and warranty valid.

On the other hand, I was wondering if the customs/ taxes will be added when delivered to the UK.

https://www.viofo.com/home/79-72-a1...l-hd-dash-camera.html#/25-gps_module-included

Checked out by PayPal and it did not add anything extra when the UK address given.
Did you pay by Paypal and used their currency conversion from $ or did you chosen GBP as a currency at viofo.com and paid in pounds?

Thanks.
You can also buy from Amazon.co.uk.
Also if buy from official site directly, for most of packages, duty is paid on our side.

All cameras can do that, and it's worse if they have extra cables running to the back of the car. You need to keep the dashcam cables on the opposite side of the car to the radio antenna cables, and if that doesn't work then think about installing a decent quality roof antenna for your radio.

It was quite hard to put the cable around the car to the back window. For now I think I will not re-do this installation. But will consider it at some point, I think.

Ordering from the amazon link is fine, as stated in a previous post in this thread from Nigel (y) the order is furfilled & processed by Viofo’s sister company “foxOffer Ltd” & the shipper company is “Gitup Ltd” Which is all the same company of Viofo :cool: So there is nothing to worry about in-terms of any warranty or delivery, it’s all covered.

That amazon link I posted was sent to me via email from Bill Zhou who represents/works at Viofo ;) I requested a VAT invoice via amazon which I received today with the shipper signature Bill Zhou.

I hope this information helps people out when placing an order via the amazon link & if maybe you’re not sure with the information I’ve just posted! Then send Viofo a direct message to see if everything I’m saying checks out (y)

Ordering from the amazon link is fine, as stated in a previous post in this thread from Nigel (y) the order is furfilled & processed by Viofo’s sister company “foxOffer Ltd” & the shipper company is “Gitup Ltd” Which is all the same company of Viofo :cool: So there is nothing to worry about in-terms of any warranty or delivery, it’s all covered.
Viofo, Foxoffer and GitUp are all the same company, Bill is one of the owners, nothing to worry about

Thanks.
Just buy using the Amazon link further up this thread. Prime delivery too.

But to answer your questions:
Yes, I bought it from viofo.com. I paid in $ using my Halifax Clarity credit card via PayPal. The transaction was £130.50.

Back