Anybody have a mount problems?

pionyah

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all.

I just want to know before I buy a drivepro 200.
For example, loose a ball, not sticky... etc.
I think the mount is too simple. I mean, it is too light for holding a cam body. Isn't it?

Thanks.

I had bad vibration problems to the point I sent it back because it was awful.

There are other mounts that work with the camera though as it uses the standard sized T bracket - if you look for LS300W mounts there are plenty to suit most people.

The Panorama G mounts that Pier28 sells are also compatible

There is obviously some vibration with mine as I can see the dashboard moving in the image but the outside image is usually solid. Personally speaking I do not find the mount to be that bad and have had much worse using the mounts on the Mini080x series which I used prior to the DP200.

I've posted some samples to YouTube (no audio as I turn that off)

And if you want the raw files they can be downloaded from http://1drv.ms/1wpVj3o (download not play via OneDrive - the streamed quality is awful but the download is the original)

Last edited:
Hi all.

I just want to know before I buy a drivepro 200.
For example, loose a ball, not sticky... etc.
I think the mount is too simple. I mean, it is too light for holding a cam body. Isn't it?

Thanks.

Buy the Transcend suction mount - about £6 and is nice and small and gives a rock solid mount.

There is obviously some vibration with mine as I can see the dashboard moving in the image but the outside image is usually solid. Personally speaking I do not find the mount to be that bad and have had much worse using the mounts on the Mini080x series which I used prior to the DP200.

I've posted some samples to YouTube (no audio as I turn that off)

And if you want the raw files they can be downloaded from http://1drv.ms/1wpVj3o (download not play via OneDrive - the streamed quality is awful but the download is the original)

Thank you for detailed comment.
I have one more question. I can see the screen wave (not a shacking or vibration) in your last linked footage(DrivePro 200 - Sample 2). At first 5 seconds(while standing). Do you know what it is? Is it also mount problem?

I saw that too but I am not sure what caused it to be honest. I suspect it could be vibration from the mount when I stopped as that road surface is not the best there and I wasn't stopped for too long. It did settle down very quickly when I started moving again though.

I have 1 NEW additional Transcend Adhesive Mount. Who interested can let me know.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Transcend 10
Back