Anybody using FCWS?

dnguyen411

Reaction score
Country
United States
One of the features on the A119 is the Forward Collision Warning System (FCWS). Has anyone have experience with this? (i.e. does it work, do you have many false positives, etc.).

I also saw the Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) feature but I'm sure that would give a false positive anytime you switch lanes.

One of the features on the A119 is the Forward Collision Warning System (FCWS). Has anyone have experience with this? (i.e. does it work, do you have many false positives, etc.).

I also saw the Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) feature but I'm sure that would give a false positive anytime you switch lanes.
All of that is pure nonsense, I keep it off.

The 'commercial' FCWS's and LDWS's have multiple sensor input with a fair amount of computing occurring which is why they work OK. With a single sensor and the limited computing power of a dashcam you shouldn't expect these systems to be accurate, reliable, or useful. They're mostly sales hype just the same as motion detect on cheap un-buffered cams.

Phil

Thanks for the reply guys. I kind of wish they didn't include these options in the first place.

Back