Anyone else seeing an occasional ~3 second gap between recordings?

Sorry for the necropost, but I'm struggling with this exact issue on my A129 Pro and am at my wits end. Thought it would be better than making a new thread. I've tried reformatting SD card, different SD cards (including high endurance ones), changing the powersource (including to external powerbank), updating firmware, changing the power input (dashcam v. gps module). Literally nothing works.

I get random 3-4 second skips in my footage with the double beep. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? I also see discussions of it in the A129 Pro firmware thread, which suggests some sort of intrinsic hardware issue. I've found the beeps tend to occur in 'complex' environments (e.g. lots of trees) where there is presumerably a lot for the camera to render.

Again, really hoping someone here has been able to fix it - while the skips may not be an issue for most people, for me who runs a driving YouTube channel using the dashcam, it is unacceptable.

I've also updated the firmware from v1.1 to v2 - I'm still getting the skips, but no longer any beeps. Almost as if Viofo is trying to hide this issue. Starting to look like a dodgy company...

First off Welcome @Satellizer

I don't have an answer but given we are on the same side of the world I want to suggest a couple of alterations to your settings. It's not an answer but I am wondering if it might stop the problem.
Make sure you are using the supplied Viofo cigarette regulator or the HW kit.

After you updated the firmware did you do a hard reset? After the hard reset go into the options and set the settings to default. Restart the dashcam update the settings to what you want and then reboot.
Once that is done format the TF card and then do a few test drives. (Yes when testing always format the card to eliminate that as the problem.)

If the above has already been done or it didn't work then try these settings.

If you have parking enabled disable it.
Disable the GPS also.
Make sure you have the power running into the camera, not the GPS.
If you have a high-speed TF card can you format it via the camera and then start this test.
Do a couple of test runs and see if this has changed the results.

Last suggestion is to reduce the front dashcam to 2k and do the tests again.

I won't be back online until later tomorrow but I will check in to see what your results are.

Back