Anyone Else?

BLACKGT350

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently installed a new BlackVue 650s 2channel in my 2017 Shelby with the Power Magic Pro. With the voltage settings on 11.8 my camera and the PMP green light shuts off when I turn off the car, with the voltage set on 12 the camera stays on with the car shut off however when I return to the car and open the door (no matter how long its been sitting) when I open the door the camera power shuts off until I start the car! Is the voltage meter so sensitive that when the lights and other things draw power the PMP shuts OFF? I even tapped 2 different battery fuses to see if that would make a difference and it didn't. Does anyone know what this could be related to or is this normal? I'm considering replacing the PMP with VicoVation Vico-Power PLUS Battery Discharge Prevention (BDP) Device for Parking Mode.

I would be guessing that your "always on" power supply is being disrupted. Higher end cars tend to have a lot of tricky electronics that make finding a true always on supply difficult. Or.. you may have mixed up the colored connectors and have it backwards. There have been a lot of comments about the manufacture of the PMP changing the color of the leads.

Thanks Ralph but the leads are correct - in my parking garage for example the camera records all night and when i open the car door it shuts down (i tried a different fuse for both leads and the same happened)! Also when my car is parked outside in the sun the camera (PMP) SHUTS OFF and ON frequently as if the voltage teeters back and forth!?! Is it possible my new car battery is low (it starts powerful)! My car display screen says (LCD) "System Off to Save Battery" and has a loading bar timer before it shows the normal cobra snake!? Is it maybe the battery? Or should i try the Lukas park mode unit first?

How about shutting off the voltage sensing on the PMP and see if you can isolate it to a break in the power supply or voltage fluctuations. I find it odd that the voltage would "teeter" over the cut off point consistently.

The issue you are having is EXACTLY the issue I had.... drove me nuts too.... I told the supplier and they sent me another one.... It works as intended.

Sounds like you got a bad one also..!!

Contact the seller.. Good Luck.

Happened to me years ago. My assumption, which may be wrong, was that when I opened the door there was a voltage drop due to lights turning on and the beeping noise of my car. At the time I was running two 2ch systems so it was a lot of power, so my car battery eventually was always just over 12v so the power magic pro was always on the verge of cutting off.

Back