Anyone elses A129 Pro turns off during parking mode?

Parking mode work okay here, however battery voltage is critcal. When I setup viofo kit, i initally set it to lowest voltage and work great, however, when I turn it up to max voltage, it does stop recording. My truck is diesel, has two batteries, it has 95 percent life, so battery is good. But during colder weather, and short trips could drop the voltage to 11.10 volts, especially overnight in minus temperatures. I suspect truck, car battery probably a bit issue for many, especially if your battery is 3 years or older.

i was just about ready to purchase an a129 pro duo package, but i am glad i found this forum to read some reviews first. is this heat thing still an ongoing problem? from what i am reading it seems like it is, but wanted to make sure.

i see the company responds here, which is nice. and that they have been updating the firmware, which again is nice. however it seems the newer firmwares are just making the camera more unstable?

is there a camera that someone could recommend, dual channel, preferably 4k, parking mode, will sit in a car in high traffic parking lots in the hot florida summer sun on a daily basis.. is there such a beast being made today? from my research it seems only blackvue 900s, thinkware u1000, and this viofo a129 pro duo, are the only ones that meet my requirements..

will any survive the hot car all day?

not with 4k
that sucks :(

but, thanks for being upfront about it.. at least i know what to expect now.

in regards to the viofo a129 pro duo, is it possible to have it record 4k for normal driving and then change to 1080p to record in parking mode. is this able to switch automatically? im sure i would be able to set it manually each time, but that would definitely get old quickly if i had to manually set it each time.

i think i would be ok with lowering the quality during parking mode. but i really would like 4k when driving, as that is when i would probably need the video evidence the most. parking mode is just a really nice bonus

in regards to the viofo a129 pro duo, is it possible to have it record 4k for normal driving and then change to 1080p to record in parking mode. is this able to switch automatically?
not sure, would be a worthwhile option to have though

Just got my 129a pro duo with Cellink NEO and parking mode does not work. Car is on, cam records in driving mode. Ignition off, parking mode activated... few minutes later, I check back at the car, the cam is shut off.

Why?

Using buffered auto parking mode with sensor and motion set to medium, 4K, 3 min loops, Sandisk High endurance 256

Hi Mrm welcome to the forum.
I am not familiar with the camera or power pack myself, it sound like there is a wiring problem if the camera shut off as soon as you turn off the car.
Are you sure the camera are shut off have you checked the video footage ? i think most are supposed to go pretty dark when in parking mode.

The camera does not shut off immediately. It shuts off probably 1-15 minutes after because when i check on the car 15 minutes later, the camera was off.

my vendor is sending me another splice cable as they suspect it could be a bad cable?

I'm facing the same issue with firmware 1.3 and 1.7T. When the dashcam turned off, the red led inside the HK3 is still lighting, meaning the HK3 hasn't cut off the power yet. Also the voltage measured from the fuse is at 12.8V. I set the cutoff voltage to 12.0V.

Btw the HK3 is connected to the GPS module.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Same problem here, using firmware 1.3 . When I turn the car on the dash records just fine. after turning the car off the dashcam switches imediately to parking mode which is okay but after approx 2 minutes it turned completely off. Not sure why is it.... A few days ago it worked fine. Also the light on HK3 is off . Again, It worked fine a few days ago but now not... The cable is connected to GPS module as well. Cutoff voltage set to 12.2V

Same problem here, using firmware 1.3 . When I turn the car on the dash records just fine. after turning the car off the dashcam switches imediately to parking mode which is okay but after approx 2 minutes it turned completely off. Not sure why is it.... A few days ago it worked fine. Also the light on HK3 is off . Again, It worked fine a few days ago but now not... The cable is connected to GPS module as well. Cutoff voltage set to 12.2V
Sounds like your battery is low. There is a 90 second delay from when the 3-wire kit senses voltage below the cutoff setting to when it shuts off power to the camera. Try setting to 12V.

Sounds like your battery is low. There is a 90 second delay from when the 3-wire kit senses voltage below the cutoff setting to when it shuts off power to the camera. Try setting to 12V.
It really was the battery, the camera turned off after 90 second video... I have set the kit to 12V and there is no problem, it records the whole night flawlessly. Is 12V a "safe" voltage ? It would not drain my battery right ?
Thank you for the help

It really was the battery, the camera turned off after 90 second video... I have set the kit to 12V and there is no problem, it records the whole night flawlessly. Is 12V a "safe" voltage ? It would not drain my battery right ?
Thank you for the help
12V is a little low. I currently have both my cars set at 12V and don’t have any problems, but my batteries are not too old. If you have an old battery, might want to look into a new one if you want to extend your parking mode time.

12V is a little low. I currently have both my cars set at 12V and don’t have any problems, but my batteries are not too old. If you have an old battery, might want to look into a new one if you want to extend your parking mode time.
I have a 3 years old car so I think there shouldnt be any problem. Thanks again

I'm getting real frustrated with my A129 Pro Duo. It keeps shutting down in parking mode at around 10:30am to 11:30am daily (parked at 9:00am). It's not even that "hot" yet and I'm pretty sure it's not 100 Celcius (the auto shut down temperature). If I turn on the car and keep the engine running with air conditioning off, it operates fine, why why is parking mode keep shutting it down?

I tried replacing the A129 Pro with my wife A129 and it ran the whole day (9am to 8pm) without any issue (but it has its own issue, like random beep during drive mode). I should have spent a little bit more to get a Thinkware... sigh.

PS: I really blame this guy's review (
) for influencing me to buy a Viofo.

Ok this camera a129 pro duo is pice of ******. I have a a129 duo and i did not have any problems as this pro version. The camera all the time turn off on parking mode sometimes when driving turn off and then turn on. Sometimes when recording evry minute i hear a beeep sound. I think Viofo is using us as testers... This camera should be checked and released when its ready and 100% working. Now we have a product that is not working and we pay to buy it. Last time Viofo products !

Last edited:
Those having an issue with the A129 Pro turning off or restarting, are you powering via the mount or direct into the camera? If through the mount, try direct into camera.

For shutting down early in parking mode, you may want to try one of the betas.

Those having an issue with the A129 Pro turning off or restarting, are you powering via the mount or direct into the camera? If through the mount, try direct into camera.

For shutting down early in parking mode, you may want to try one of the betas.

I am connected using HK3 directly to engine acumulator i changed the HK3 to be sure its not the HK3 problem, i connected to mount, to camera no difference camera shut down. I have a129 duo and i have no problems like that. I can tell now i have 5 months the camera a129 duo pro and i think its the shi*** camera ever made so many bugs and its realeased to buy to public. Maybe good idea will be making a error log in the camera and let people see what the f is wrong with the camera. I can only hear from viofo support do that change that, wait for update, wrong sd card, wrong weather, wrong life... ffs people from viofo wake up and fix this mess... users paid allot of money for this camera and instead of working its not it have bugs it should not be released to public never with those bugs. We are not some testers to test Your s*** do it yourselph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe You trying to do it bethesda way?

Last edited:
I am connected using HK3 directly to engine acumulator i changed the HK3 to be sure its not the HK3 problem, i connected to mount, to camera no difference camera shut down. I have a129 duo and i have no problems like that. I can tell now i have 5 months the camera a129 duo pro and i think its the shi*** camera ever made so many bugs and its realeased to buy to public. Maybe good idea will be making a error log in the camera and let people see what the f is wrong with the camera. I can only hear from viofo support do that change that, wait for update, wrong sd card, wrong weather, wrong life... ffs people from viofo wake up and fix this mess... users paid allot of money for this camera and instead of working its not it have bugs it should not be released to public never with those bugs. We are not some testers to test Your s*** do it yourselph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe You trying to do it bethesda way?
So in the middle of a drive, your A129 Pro will completely shut down when power is connected directly to the camera (not the mount)?

Back