Anyone Familiar With This Cam?

They have a popular brand, mostly because of designs that appeal to the younger market, I don't know that their products are aimed at the enthusiast

Have never seen this one but some of their earlier models were more about form than function and had mixed reviews, the customers that bought them generally were more interested in the design than the performance and the fashion covers on these maybe suggests that's still their market

Jokiin,

TY for the info!!!

The "fashion covers" are definitely not on the wish list!!! Lol

The one thing I really like was for the price it has wifi and an app that works with an iPhone. Which gives the Mobius a run for the money. Though ai can't tell if the Ddpai cam has a "base" that the camera mounts to, or if the cam is only secured to the windshield without a "base" (like the 080X cam).

BUT if reliability is an issue, then from my other thread I believe the Mobius will be the winner.

TY again!

Just got the mini 2 from relatives in taiwan. It was about the same price as the mini 1 7daycam is selling. (Funny thing, I asked them to buy 3 for me, then my uncle jumps in and says he wants one too, and then my other relatives said they wanted some too. Ended up buying 7 units haha) IIRC the mini 1 in china is about $60 USD

Initial impressions:
Packaging is very nice
the camera is very similar in size to my BlackVue DR-400g HD
user manual is in english and chinese! Supports up to 64gb micro sd. This is powered via Micro USB, 2.1 amp. Comes with a long cable and a car socket adapter. There's cable clips, plastic trim remover, and a extra 3m vhb tape.

The unit is overall very simple, as soon as you power it on, it'll play the startup chime and it starts recording. no buttons on the unit except for the flap to put in the microsd

The android app works great on my HTC 10, you can change the settings there, from speaker volume,image quality (2k, 1080,720), format card, etc. showing the date or recording sound, and pairing the remote button. Pressing the remote button takes a seperate picture and 10 second video to dump to your phone. Otherwise you'll need to pull the microsd to view the "source files". They are recorded in 3 min increments. Can't seem to see the previously recorded video through the app, only works if the button. Video files

It does seem to get rather warm. But so did my blackvue which is still running great after 4 years, though i did replace the battery.
Let me know if you'd like more info!

So it always have wifi on ? Have you try to playback video on your phone ? is it lag ?

Eneka,

TY for the info!

Do you know what the difference is between the Mini 1 & Mini 2? Can you view the "live feed" on the Mini 1?

After you have had the cam for a few weeks please post back with some updated info. I haven't decided on a cam yet, just trying to make sure I buy the right one the first time. Not looking to spend a lot, and the 3 cams I am considering are less than $100 (or so once optioned out).

TY!

So it always have wifi on ? Have you try to playback video on your phone ? is it lag ?

yes I belive wifi is always on, you can set the wifit password and app connects to the camera seamlessly, it downloads the file first before playing so no lag. There is a live view too.

Eneka,

TY for the info!

Do you know what the difference is between the Mini 1 & Mini 2? Can you view the "live feed" on the Mini 1?

After you have had the cam for a few weeks please post back with some updated info. I haven't decided on a cam yet, just trying to make sure I buy the right one the first time. Not looking to spend a lot, and the 3 cams I am considering are less than $100 (or so once optioned out).

TY!
IIRC the mini 1 is 1080p max, while the mini 2 can record in 2k. I think you can view the live feed on the mini 1 but i'm not sure

Just got the mini 2 from relatives in taiwan. It was about the same price as the mini 1 7daycam is selling. (Funny thing, I asked them to buy 3 for me, then my uncle jumps in and says he wants one too, and then my other relatives said they wanted some too. Ended up buying 7 units haha) IIRC the mini 1 in china is about $60 USD

Initial impressions:
Packaging is very nice
the camera is very similar in size to my BlackVue DR-400g HD
user manual is in english and chinese! Supports up to 64gb micro sd. This is powered via Micro USB, 2.1 amp. Comes with a long cable and a car socket adapter. There's cable clips, plastic trim remover, and a extra 3m vhb tape.

The unit is overall very simple, as soon as you power it on, it'll play the startup chime and it starts recording. no buttons on the unit except for the flap to put in the microsd

The android app works great on my HTC 10, you can change the settings there, from speaker volume,image quality (2k, 1080,720), format card, etc. showing the date or recording sound, and pairing the remote button. Pressing the remote button takes a seperate picture and 10 second video to dump to your phone. Otherwise you'll need to pull the microsd to view the "source files". They are recorded in 3 min increments. Can't seem to see the previously recorded video through the app, only works if the button. Video files

It does seem to get rather warm. But so did my blackvue which is still running great after 4 years, though i did replace the battery.
Let me know if you'd like more info!
Hi Eneka, Just got the DDPai_M6+ and am very happy with it. Mine gets very warm too, so I guess that's normal. One problem I have that you may be able to help me with is getting the "Settings" page on my IPhone. I got the settings page once but don't know how and can't get it again. When I open the app on my phone I get a page that is headed "Camera" and also Dashboard, File list etc. How do I get to the Settings page from here? I have studied Techmoan's video but can't see how he does it. Can you help me?

Last edited:
Hi Eneka, Just got the DDPai_M6+ and am very happy with it. Mine gets very warm too, so I guess that's normal. One problem I have that you may be able to help me with is getting the "Settings" page on my IPhone. I got the settings page once but don't know how and can't get it again. When I open the app on my phone I get a page that is headed "Camera" and also Dashboard, File list etc. How do I get to the Settings page from here? I have studied Techmoan's video but can't see how he does it. Can you help me?
Click on Me in the lower right hand corner of the app. The second option is Settings.

You can also go to Preview and when the screen is displaying what the camera is seeing, tap on the lower left hand corner of the video. Two icons will show up. A scissors and a menu hamburger. Click on the hamburger, and all the camera settings will pop up.

HTH.

Back