Anyone got any info on the new Xiaomi 70 minutes dash cam?

tooshy

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Just saw this on Gearbest.
Looks interesting with a low price point for a wifi enabled dash cam. Only issue I see right now is that it has a battery.
Anyone seen any footage from it?

Did you fond a real review of it? I ordered one but it is still in the mail somewhere. Will try to remember to post a review here once I bet it.

Haven't seen any real reviews yet, although I did read a report from someone that said that you need to activate the dash cam through their app, which requires receiving an SMS message to a chinese SIM card, which is stupid.
They also mentioned that Xiaomi are planning an update to the app to allow international users in January. The guy that posted used a workaround by using a friend of his that was in China.

They've updated the Android app so you can register the dashcam using an email address. The ios version hasn't been updated yet. *** just downloaded the ios version and it works with an email address now.***

I got mine today from Gearbest, unboxed it and had a quick look and it looks really well made compared to my mini 0801 and G1W-C.

Last edited:
Any Firmware Update so it's in English?

There's some samples and videos on Youtube that show the app in English. There's also an English manual on the GB site.

Last edited:
Any Firmware Update so it's in English?

Nope, I just downloaded the latest firmware on the ios app and it still speaks in Mandarin. The app is simple to use and it's all in English, I'm not interested in using voice control so it's fine for now. Having an English firmware would be nice though.

Why do they call it "70 minutes"? For a minute I thought that it has an internal memory capable of recording 70 minutes clips only...

Why do they call it "70 minutes"? For a minute I thought that it has an internal memory capable of recording 70 minutes clips only...
I assumed that it was the battery life, for use in electric cars where you need to stop and recharge every hour anyway! :confused:

The actual brand is called "70迈", or "70 Mài", 70 Minutes is basically just a bad translation of the name that caught on after a few articles used it, and has nothing to do with actual time. It's a bit like calling Xiaomi as "Millet".

Yup, got mine too. App is in English, email registration works fine. Cam talks Chinese only.

Seems to work fine, although I am not blown by the quality (a bit fuzzy, licence plates are not as readable as I hoped).

I uploaded a couple of clips to YouTube.

Will load more, but seems others have done it already ...

With that weather ( overcast ) you are already into the problem area of dashcams, so there are plenty of light for our human eyes, but the little camera sensor are already struggling here.

This time of year a bit further north on the globe ( we are as much north on the globe as Canada are ) then plate capture is only something i expect to get on the illusive days with a clear sky.

Yup, got mine too. App is in English, email registration works fine. Cam talks Chinese only.

Seems to work fine, although I am not blown by the quality (a bit fuzzy, licence plates are not as readable as I hoped).

I uploaded a couple of clips to YouTube.

Will load more, but seems others have done it already ...
Is it possible to give a link to the originals of the video? Thank you.

Thank you. You have a lot of sky on the video. it should be no more than 40% of the size of the picture. Share night videos if possible. Thank you.

Good point about the sky vs road proportion. Will adjust as needed to get the best exposure of what matters. I had it setup so I could get maximum view, such as of traffic signals overhead.

I uploaded a few more clips, some night, some day, some dusk. And one night clip for comparison from my Google Pixel XL 2.

video files the recorder writes without sound?

I had the sound set to off. It records sound if you want. Will upload maybe tomorrow some samples with the radio on. Sound is OK, not great. There is some electronic noise present too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Smart Dash Cam / MiDrive D01 2