Anyone got any info on the new Xiaomi 70 minutes dash cam?

I think the detail of license plates when moving, even in the sun, is not great, mainly due to the wide angle and low resolution for the size of the frame. A 4k camera or one with narrower field of view would do better to show license plates of cars farther away.
I used to have one of the original DOD LS300 (I think) and that cam was hugely better at resolving license plates than any of the other cameras I've had that replaced it (several mini 80x models, a new knockoff cam that looks like the DOD and has the same specs but is not as good). The DOD would freeze and show clear license plates on cars traveling against me on a 2-way 2-lane road in rain in dark overcast conditions when each direction was moving at 60mph (so 120mph relative speed). No cam I've owned since then has been able to match that. That little DOD got stollen, unfortunately ...

I'm going to use this recorder as a rear view camera.

i just got mine 2 days ago but havent installed it yet. i was surprised how small the package was, when I got the package I didn't think it was the cam even.

Nope, I just downloaded the latest firmware on the ios app and it still speaks in Mandarin. The app is simple to use and it's all in English, I'm not interested in using voice control so it's fine for now. Having an English firmware would be nice though.
Any Firmware Update so it's in English?

There's a new video on Youtube and his dashcam is in english..

Latest Android and iOS apps can be found here.

English manual can be found online here or attached as PDF below.

Samples can be downloaded from the description:

And another review in English:

Attachments

• Xiaomi 70Mai English manual.pdf
    188.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Smart Dash Cam / MiDrive D01 2