Jazzist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lukas LK7900 (stolen)
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/New-LUKAS-LK-790 ... ~60_12.JPG

Shown in this photo.

Guess it runs off battery when car off when car not hardwired?

Guess it runs off battery when car battery < some voltage and otherwise runs off the car when hardwired?

Anyone know how much it costs?

Would be good to have the spec, might not have to buy the official Lukas battery then (will just be some battery with their sticker put on it.. ?).

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought that package (LK-7900, 8gb card, polarizer, UV filter, "battery") from green-sum a month ago for only $217, but it has since gone up. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that the battery on the photo is actually just the battery pack inside the device, which is really a charger and a power cutoff device. My package came with the LK-530-12V. I saw one on Ebay once (~$100). It has three 2600mAH 18650 lithium-ion batteries connected in series (10.8v), which you can replace when the batteries are worn out.
530_eng_01.jpg

So the battery on the photo is in every LK-7900? Looked like the size and shape to fit in the mount.
I got a fantastic price as well but you did better getting the power cut off device!
Seems like they ****ed up in your favour :)
I'll see how I get on to start with.. (testing the camera out without parking mode and with cable hanging down :)) and then might look at getting a LK-530-12V in the future. Looks like the best cut off device I've seen as it has batteries so it won't even touch the car battery when parked for quite some time. Plus the voltage cut off is programmable. It's like an emergency laptop charger but with the cut off circuit for the power source.

Jazzist said:
So the battery on the photo is in every LK-7900?
The battery on the photo is just the battery pack inside the LK-530-12V.

aha, $280 is a very good price then, or the power cut off thing should not be $100, more like $50.

Got a price for one now, around what I thought :)

Will wait until the new car arrives from the factory first and until the camera arrives. Then I can plan what the wiring might look like if I got one.

It's no where near 90, ask apple ct or green sum for a price :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Swordfish said:
jamesbcd said:

This one has limited voltage settings. If you don't need one with batteries, I'd get the Jaewoncnc power cable instead. It's called the IF-340T. I have one because I didn't know the LK-530 doubles as a power cutoff device.
There's also the Lukas lk290 which supports 12.4v cut off. Looks nicer too not that it matters. Comes with an inline fuse, I like that thinking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Can't decide type a, b or c..
http://lukashd.com/eng/product_info/power_lock_4.html

Are a and c likely to fit in all fuse boxes?
I was thinking if the box was tight on space in the new car b would be best but maybe there is always plenty of space.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've now ordered the lk-530 2.6Ah and the lk-290-12v type c (dual output). I will post some info/opinion when I receive and have tested them out.

:)

The UPS pack came with my 7900, I don't use it. I run the wire back into my trunk and connected it to my trolley marine battery. Theoretically it should last ~28 days. So far it is recording, recording, recording............ :D
Haven't recharged the battery yet. It's now 18 days. I will let it go until Lukas shuts-off.

george55321 said:
The UPS pack came with my 7900, I don't use it. I run the wire back into my trunk and connected it to my trolley marine battery. Theoretically it should last ~28 days. So far it is recording, recording, recording............ :D
Haven't recharged the battery yet. It's now 18 days. I will let it go until Lukas shuts-off.
It's easy enough to calculate how long it should last.

Jazzist said:
sundash said:

Excellent :cool: Shipping to much outside of Germany unfortunately.

Did you read the fine print?
I have marked in Bold my concerns below - the only English on the page.
I have a feeling that this is mainly for use when a car battery is use out of the car and you need power for a light or fridge eg during a blackout. This device saves your battery from total discharge - as you know total discharge kills car batteries.

M148A / Accusaver / Accu-Saver 12 volts=

This accumulator saver protects your car battery from total discharge by switching off consumers such as ice boxes, heaters, radios + television sets, etc. in time. It switches on again automatically after return of the normal voltage. The interrupting voltage is adjustable: approx. 10.4…13.3 V, max. 20 A.

Intended use: Protection of a car battery against total discharge through connected consumers in summer houses, camping tents, parking caravans etc. Do not use in motor vehicles with the engine running, as in any case the accu will be recharged continuously then and as the module is not designed for this purpose!

Technical data:

Operating voltage: 12 V accumulator / Max. switching capacity: 20 A (10 A without cooling, 20 A with additional cooling) / Interrupting voltage: adjustable approx. 10.4….13.3 V / Resetting voltage: approx. 0.8 V (± 0.3 V) higher than the adjusted interrupting voltage / Cutoff element: power MOS transistor in the negative line / Own current consumption: < 0.7 mA in OFF condition, < 1.6 mA in ON condition (LED lights) / Dimensions: approx. 87 x 60 x 32 mm (with mounting bottom)

george55321 said:

You should sell it on the forum :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back