Anyone hardwired their GT300W/LS300W?

funkadelic

Reaction score
i have a GT300W that I'd like to hardwire to my car -- has anyone else done it with their GT300W/LS300W?

I would rather not hack up the car charger since I'd like to use it when using the cam temporarily in another car (eg. when traveling). Looking at the car charger's label, it looks like it outputs 5V @ 1500 mA -- would something like this work (the product specs indicates 5V @ 1A, but the 2nd product photo shows 5V @ 1.5A on the sticker): http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-GPS-NHWC-Mi ... sb+1.5+amp or can i get away with something that only outputs 1 amp or 1.2 amps (which seem to be the other output amps on other similar mini USB hardwire kits on amazon)?

I want to do this too, hard-wire a cable in the car, and keep the plug-in cable free for other uses.

The plug-in adaptor that came with my LS300W is rated at 1000 mA (1 Amp). I have been operating the camera in the house on a HP power supply with a current meter, and have not seen the camera draw more than 200 mA when recording. So 1000 mA should be more than enough capacity. BTW it draws about 8 mA "off" in standby, and that's mostly from the 5 Volt regulator in the plug itself once the camera's battery is charged.

I hardwired my GT300W a few months ago. Used a standard USB cable, 1A USB socket adapter, female cig lighter adapter and ran it to the fuse box. Connected it using an add-a-circuit.
Fairly simple job, used the same circuit as the lighter socket that switches on with ignition. I think 5V 1A is all that's needed for this camera.

Hi there, I don´t have the camera (jet) depending on the production alternatives from Foxoffer, but i´m already collectint the material info I need for the hardwire.

So for the interested DIY one´s:

Adapter transformer 12V > 5V 1A

12V > 5 V with USB

Because I´m not sure the connection for the cam I place both connections Mini USB & Micro Usb (if someone can tell me this I will update the post)

12V > 5V with Mini USB

12V > 5V Micro Usb adaptor

The cigarett lighter Kit

add a circuit normal size

Add a circuit small size

Or another alternative

USB cigarette lighter adapter

Hope this shopping list makes it easier to do the hardwired by yourself!!!

The Cams use a MINI usb connector.
Depending on where you mount it, you might need a mini usb cable with a 90 degree angle or an adapter with a 90 degree angle. Cause if I put the cam really up behind m mirror, the usb cable cannot come in straight from the top like the original cable which comes with the cam.

Does the 'Motion Sensor' setting in GT550w mean parking mode? If I hardwire it then will it be auto-recording when it picks up a motion sensor? Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A GT300W 3
A GT300W 2
Back