Anyone has a DASH CAM support micro USB AV-OUT function?

Passion 4 Pro

Reaction score
Country
China
MINI USB A/B, MICRO USB, 5 PIN, 8PIN...

Getting confused. Anyone got full information regarding the USB interface and its function? Just want to get a clear map.

I want to export the AV signal via a micro USB 5 pin interface. Is it possible?

From other mini dash cams I know only Innovv has ready made special AV / power cable ( all in one ) that can record and provide video out at the same time via 8pin miniusb.

From other mini dash cams I know only Innovv has ready made special AV / power cable ( all in one ) that can record and provide video out at the same time via 8pin miniusb.

Oh, I think that is why they are called "INNOVV" :)

I hope one day, all my DASH CAMs can use the same cable. One interface for all...

I hope one day, all my DASH CAMs can use the same cable. One interface for all...

In theory Mobius can also use same solution ( as @Isoprop mentioned ), but you need to build yourself special cable.

Last edited:

There are only TWO USB standards, and those are 5-pin mini USB and 5-pin micro USB. Anything else is not standard. The mini-USB is more robust and I would expect better for dashcams.
I don't understand why manufactures still produce devices using 8-pin non-standard USB connectors wired randomly. IMO, the 8-pin non-standard USB connector is downright dangerous. Use the wrong cable with the wrong device and there is a high risk that your device will go up in smoke! Since there is no 8-pin standard you rely on the original manufacturer for replacement cables. If you are good at soldering and know the original connections, you can make them yourself, but it's not nearly as easy to solder an 8-pin USB plug as it is to solder a 5-pin plug.
The 8-pin cable makes life much easier for the developer. There is no need to use electronic switching and complicated firmware sensing routines. He can basically connect the pin directly to a DSP interrupt or I/O pin and be done with it.
IMO, the Mobius developer made a very, very good decision in using a standard 5-pin cable and proves it's possible. Admittedly, the A/V out schematic is non-standard, but there's nothing in the circuit that can short a device if you connect a wrong cable. A standard OTG cable can also be used if A/V out is required, but the plug at the other end will have to be cut off and wired accordingly. That's no big deal though.
Standard USB cables can be purchased in almost any computer orientated shop.
If all dashcam manufacturers would adapt the Mobius USB schematic, then there would be a dashcam standard which also respects the USB standard! For the developer, this means considerable extra work, so I doubt if it will ever happen.

If all dashcam manufacturers would adapt the Mobius USB schematic, then there would be a dashcam standard which also respects the USB standard! For the developer, this means considerable extra work, so I doubt if it will ever happen.

dashcams aren't generally as pushed for space as the Mobius and have the luxury of a dedicated AV out jack so really no need to change anything

Back