Anyone have experience wtih ZEA-MD239-S

pitabread

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have been reading up on lots of good information and reviews from people here; cheers to you guys. I'm considering getting a dash cam and from where it stands at the moment the DVR207 looks like a good choice.

A co-worker mentioned he got a dash cam from dealextreme that wasn't too bad, but I was wondering what are peoples experiences or thoughts are on it.
I'm not sure who the manufacture is but the model is ZEA-MD239-S and it looks like it has decent reviews.

The dealextreme link is: http://dx.com/p/720p-car-dvr-video-road ... tft-124791

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any experience with the ZEA-MD239-S but some of the videos look fine while others are not that great. The price is very good though. Check out the build quality and videos from your co-worker and decide from there.

Find some more money and buy a better camera.

Many people are buying in this way:
"oh, this is a start up camera I don't want to spend a lot."
Then, when they will see how bad is the quality of the recording are starting to search more in the forum and when they will see much better cameras are thinking to buy another one.
But if he already spent $40-50 on a bad camera, how much he will pay for another one? He will not jump to $150 because 150+50=$200 so he will try another cheap, and another disappointment. Maybe a $60 camera. But 50+60=$100 and for $100 he can buy from the first time a korean camera.

Many people which made this mistake are using the poor camera as a rear camera which is not a bad solution, but they are a little forced to do this.

enjoy,
Mtz

Classic story for me. I bought a cheaper camera, and after some runs with the camera i was really disapointed and told my self, Why didnt i bought a expensier and known camera. After a few change and lenses i gave up, and gona buy a know camera that is popular and good. So i recomend to go for the most common cameras. I choose between. DOD F500LHD , GS1000 and jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam.

Mtz said:
Find some more money and buy a better camera.

Many people are buying in this way:
"oh, this is a start up camera I don't want to spend a lot."
Then, when they will see how bad is the quality of the recording are starting to search more in the forum and when they will see much better cameras are thinking to buy another one.
But if he already spent $40-50 on a bad camera, how much he will pay for another one? He will not jump to $150 because 150+50=$200 so he will try another cheap, and another disappointment. Maybe a $60 camera. But 50+60=$100 and for $100 he can buy from the first time a korean camera.

Many people which made this mistake are using the poor camera as a rear camera which is not a bad solution, but they are a little forced to do this.

enjoy,
Mtz

I see that you have a bunch of experience and done few reviews on better quality cameras.

Based on the videos posted on DX, do you feel that the quality from this camera is crappy? It seems okay, but then again i don't know the downfalls of dashcams to be able to pick out the issues.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back