Anyone have issues with the motion sensor? [RESOLVED]

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought mine worked, even tried it a few times. But now I was setting it up as a temporary security camera just to see how it would perform watching outside my front door (I would only want clips recorded when people walk near), and it didn't work once. I double checked and tried updating the firmware making sure the motion sensor was activated and tried again, no motion no matter how obvious sets it off....

edit:

determined my problem was I was trying to use it in parking mode, i thought both the g sensor and motion sensor worked in parking mode, so I got it working by making sure I was in normal recording to get the motion sensor to work.

Last edited:
Do you check GUI setting?
Like enable Motion detection and set the G-sensor sensitivity to be high level?

Innovv C1 GUI-v 003.JPG

by the way i just realized there is a typo in the gui utility, "Vidoe Clip Length"

yes i did try resetting the GUI utility, multiple times.

How far you test the motion detection from the lens? start from 1m or you can refer the techmoan's review.

i tried testing it just like techmoan and also from a further distance. still not working after many attempts.

Problem is resolved, I was trying to use it in parking mode, didn't realize you had to use it in normal recording. This actually explains why some of my normal recording seemed strange when I had the motion sensor enabled.

The correct process is
  1. Enable motion detection, Disable G-sensor on GUI.
  2. Save GUI to camera and Press shutter button once.
  3. Let camera record one minute, the camera will be in motion detection mode.

"Problem is resolved" some of my favorite words to say to other ppl :)

"The correct process is ... 1. Enable motion detection, Disable G-sensor on GUI."

Does this mean that if you want to use MD mode, you cannot or shouldn't have the G-sensor active for some reason?

I'm currently deciding between Innovv and Mobius and have planned to run the camera full time in motion detection mode. Being able to start the recording also via the G-sensor would be good...

When I set up my camera for a security camera I had motion detect and g sensor ON and it worked fine although I don't know if the g sensor in looped recording causes it to record from bumps like in parking mode. You NEED the g sensor enabled to use the auto flip feature from my experience.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C C1 / C2 3
C C1 / C2 11
Back