Anyone have the clip in rear view camera for series 2?

DashCam11

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have the clip in rear view camera for series 2? The type that clips into the front camera I mean.

Is it any good or a gimmick? I know it won’t be as good as the proper rear view camera that you run a cable to, but just wondering does it work, can you see stuff etc.

Can you get a decent view, obviously if no one is sitting in middle. Can you see reg plates, and any incidents?

Does it record with the front camera at same time, still both cameras at full resolution?

Is there any videos of it on YT as I can’t seem to find any.

Thanks

you won't see a lot out the windows most of the time, they're intended for monitoring the interior of the vehicle

Yes i would not put a single pence on being able to see anything outside from a interior camera, that one is just for who ever is inside the cabin.

There is 2 types Nextbase sell. A specific cabin camera, and a rear view camera.

The rear view camera is for looking out the back window to see traffic behind you. The cabin is for monitoring inside the car, eg for a taxi, so I presume they have 2 very different views/lenses for this.

I’ve now found some footage on the rear view type, and to be honest doesn’t seem to bad, although it does show more inside the car than I thought it would.

The rear cam is on 720p here (i think judging buy the youtube res correct me if im wrong), on the 322gw the front camera will operate in 1080 30 and the rear will operate at 720p, on the 422gw and 522gw you have the option of 1440p and 720p or 1080p and 1080p the 622gw is the only cam that allows both cameras to record in full resolution but apparently the 622gw likes to freeze .

The rear cam is on 720p here (i think judging buy the youtube res correct me if im wrong), on the 322gw the front camera will operate in 1080 30 and the rear will operate at 720p, on the 422gw and 522gw you have the option of 1440p and 720p or 1080p and 1080p the 622gw is the only cam that allows both cameras to record in full resolution but apparently the 622gw likes to freeze .

Thanks, did it realise that it would drop the 322GW resolution/FPS down to 1080P 30 if having the rear window camera on, that’s a bit of a disappointment.

I think the rear window is 720P only no matter what.

Wonder how the footage is at 1080P 30, compared to 1080P 60 on the 322GW, it’s (one of) the reasons I’m thinking of stepping up from 222 to 322, as in 222 is 1080P 30 all the time.

Thanks

Thanks, did it realise that it would drop the 322GW resolution/FPS down to 1080P 30 if having the rear window camera on, that’s a bit of a disappointment.

I think the rear window is 720P only no matter what.

Wonder how the footage is at 1080P 30, compared to 1080P 60 on the 322GW, it’s (one of) the reasons I’m thinking of stepping up from 222 to 322, as in 222 is 1080P 30 all the time.

Thanks
when i had the 322gw the difference between 30fps and 60 wasnt very noticeable tbh

when i had the 322gw the difference between 30fps and 60 wasnt very noticeable tbh

Did you have the rear view camera as well? How was 322GW in general use? What have you got now, and why did you upgrade?

The app gets awful reviews on iOS, suppose I won’t use it much, but doesn’t look good when they can’t get this bit right.

Thanks

Did you have the rear view camera as well? How was 322GW in general use? What have you got now, and why did you upgrade?

The app gets awful reviews on iOS, suppose I won’t use it much, but doesn’t look good when they can’t get this bit right.

Thanks
I had the 322gw and the rear window cam for a while, the reason i upgraded was for the buffered parking mode and the 4k of the A129 pro (but sort of wishing i stuck with nextbase because the a129 has proven to be a bit of a hassle) The 322gw for the most part was almost flawless to use, the only real gripe i had with the rear camera was it was on a magnet and in my old car there wasnt a boot trim to secure the wire in so opening and closing the boot and the wire pulling sometimes knocked the camera a little off centre but this was fixed with a piece of duct tape securing the wire to the boot. The wifi app worked well until i upgraded to the Samsung s20 and became buggy but was still usable

I had the 322gw and the rear window cam for a while, the reason i upgraded was for the buffered parking mode and the 4k of the A129 pro (but sort of wishing i stuck with nextbase because the a129 has proven to be a bit of a hassle) The 322gw for the most part was almost flawless to use, the only real gripe i had with the rear camera was it was on a magnet and in my old car there wasnt a boot trim to secure the wire in so opening and closing the boot and the wire pulling sometimes knocked the camera a little off centre but this was fixed with a piece of duct tape securing the wire to the boot. The wifi app worked well until i upgraded to the Samsung s20 and became buggy but was still usable

I have the A129 duo, just the standard in my car and seems fine. I was thinking of getting a 4K A129 and putting my A129 duo in other car, but maybe too much hassle.

I think she Nextbase are a lot more consumer, and simple to use etc, which is fine for other car needs.

The parking mode was what I specifically wanted on my car though, and I’ve hardwired it. What is the parking mode on the 322GW like, non hardwired? Will it just be for 15mins? Is it easy to hardwire after, and then parking mode I presume is much much longer?

I think I will get the 322GW now, and maybe rear camera and hardwire kit later.

Thanks

gonna be honest the only cams that seem to do a good job at the parking mode are blackvue and thinkware, on nextbase its not very useful and just fills the sd card with you closing and opening car doors and for my viofo it struggles to switch between parking mode and frequently overheats. the hardwire kit isnt the best as the battery cut off is 11.8v and this slowly damages the battery

Back