Anyone have to double press to manually protect recordings? Motion sensor too sensitive!

Jacko956

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 512gw, 512 rear
I've missed recordings I wanted to save because I've only found out that to manually protect a recording the red button has to be touched twice! Once to wake the screen up and second to protect a recording. I have the dash cam set to display the speed in screensaver mode. It's a shame that this model does not have physical buttons as the the type of touch screen in use is simply not very reliable, often not working on the first touch. The workaround is to have announcements turned on so I can hear when a file is protected. Can this "double press" be fixed in an update please.

Secondly the G sensor is far too sensitive. it is set to low and it could be the hot weather affecting it but it seems to go off for no reason.

It's on firmware 15.8 but have just reinstalled 15.8 again.

Depending on your circumstamces, one answer could be to get a larger SD card so the overwriting period is longer.

Secondly the G sensor is far too sensitive. it is set to low and it could be the hot weather affecting it but it seems to go off for no reason.

I had that with mine the other weekend when driving back in the heat- it would Protect EVERY file, and my G Sensor is set to OFF....
A reset of the 512GW seemed to cure it.

Depending on your circumstamces, one answer could be to get a larger SD card so the overwriting period is longer.

Not sure what you mean. I might have a larger SD card!

With a larger card you may not have to 'save' any files because they may all be there anyway. If you are aware you have a critical file then offload asap.

My 128Gb card will easily record a full days driving so no need to specifically save a file.

I had that with mine the other weekend when driving back in the heat- it would Protect EVERY file, and my G Sensor is set to OFF....
A reset of the 512GW seemed to cure it.
Yes, working normally for me now. (Apart from the double press to protect a file.)

With a larger card you may not have to 'save' any files because they may all be there anyway. If you are aware you have a critical file then offload asap.

My 128Gb card will easily record a full days driving so no need to specifically save a file.
Sure, but the option to protect a file is useful and does work on the second press.

Fair enough, just a thought.

Yes, I do. I like to see the speed as reported via the GPS. A nice option to have.

If screen saver is on you would need to press a button to wake up the screen then press the red exclamation mark to protect the file. You can use the same button - so 2 x presses for file protection if screen saver is on.

If screen saver is on you would need to press a button to wake up the screen then press the red exclamation mark to protect the file. You can use the same button - so 2 x presses for file protection if screen saver is on.
OK, thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bokah 512GW 36
Back