anyone have yi mirror dashcam? issues with it not turning on when plugged..

chicha

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
my yi mirror dashcam wont turn on when plugged to power source but can be turned on when pressing the power button.. it should turn on when the you start the car just like my old yi mirror dashcam but new mirror dashcam i bought dont turn on right away..

thanks for any help or info.. maybe a firmware error? please help me download firmware

do they have battery. check..

my yi mirror dashcam wont turn on when plugged to power source but can be turned on when pressing the power button.. it should turn on when the you start the car just like my old yi mirror dashcam but new mirror dashcam i bought dont turn on right away..

thanks for any help or info.. maybe a firmware error? please help me download firmware

Same issue. Went to their official Yi Physical Store at the Mall of Asia and asked their sales staff to check if they have the same issue on a new Yi Mirror Dash Cam unit. It had the same problem. Therefore - it appears to be a product defect that is inconsistent with what is in page 9 of the product user manual - "Video recording automatically commences when you start your car, you can stop recording by pressing PAUSE"

The firmware I have is V-1.02.06c-US. I already filed for a refund.

Other issues are:

1) Automatic recording does not work during car start even if the mirror dashcam is connected to a power source. Manual turn on is required every time. This makes the driver susceptible to driving with the dashcam not recording. Manual turn on is required and is inconsistent with the user manual.

2) Automatic screen off - 1 minute setting does not work. Manual press is required and is inconsistent with the user manual.

3) Current date and time after syncing with the app resets to 10/01/2017 00:00 after the unit is powered off. Subsequent trip recording will have a time stamp of 10/01/2017 00:00 always. The video recordings in the gallery are out of sequence as a result. When you get involved in a traffic issue and need video evidence, date and time will most likely be incorrect. You will also need to spend a lot of time looking for the footage because everything will be under 10/01/2017 video folder.

Got mine fix by a jimena kareen store in las pinas.. they sell yi dashcams even before yi official store.. dont know why yi dont know how to fix it.

Hello! Do you know what the problem was and how they fixed it? I'm having the same issue and don't know what to do.

Return the product and get a refund. The product itself is defective. Even their official store doesn't know how to fix the issues enumerated. Got the 70Mai dashcam instead and it had no issues.

Back