anyone know if the dr400 or 500 camera lens can be detached?

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
anyone know if its possible to take the camera lens part out of the dr400 or 500 and remotely mount it and run wires from the camera lens part to the circuitry itself??
want to mount the small camera lens part stealth where I cant mount the entire camera.

Re: anyone know if the dr400 or 500 camera lens can be detac

without even seeing it I would think it highly unlikely, we're working on a model now with remote camera, its very small, likely others are working on similar also

The obsession with cramming all the bits in as smaller package as possible is crazy when you consider the heat issues, you could have a decent realistic sized control box hidden in the dash glove box and then a simple remote wire up to a high quality lens enclosure, hell you could even mould it into an aftermarket rear view mirror for the ultimate stealth sollution.

Marcus said:
you could have a decent realistic sized control box hidden in the dash glove box and then a simple remote wire up to a high quality lens enclosure

something along those lines

jokiin said:
we're working on a model now with remote camera, its very small, likely others are working on similar also
as long as its a lot smaller than that ITB-500 remote cameras then i'll be happy, they are a ridiculous size, almost the same size as the DR500gw.

wozzzzza said:
jokiin said:
we're working on a model now with remote camera, its very small, likely others are working on similar also
as long as its a lot smaller than that ITB-500 remote cameras then i'll be happy, they are a ridiculous size, almost the same size as the DR500gw.

way smaller than those, the whole assembly is smaller than most mount brackets

Back