Anyone know where i can get round cable boots from? from car body to door

Cant you just go to a savage yard, and pull out what you need from a wreck ?

they are mostly oval shaped and we got fukall wreckers up here and they got jack ****.

i just had another idea, its only one thick shielded cable, i can use a cable gland. found something like this.
just have to find something like that in australia. off to electrical shop tomorrow if i get time.

So is "Wozz" going to replace the factory ones, or just put in a #2 set just for dashcam cables ?

give me a few days, our tech is going to see if he can pick some up for you from one of the shops when he's doing his store visits this week
ok cool.
So is "Wozz" going to replace the factory ones, or just put in a #2 set just for dashcam cables ?
looks like it will have to be a second set as no room for cable in factory one.

When I did my MINI Cooper, it had two boots going to the hatch. One was pretty much filled, and the other only had one wire.
looks like it will have to be a second set as no room for cable in factory one.

When I did my MINI Cooper, it had two boots going to the hatch. One was pretty much filled, and the other only had one wire.
different situation, my door connectors are molex plugs, no room for an extra cable, they are pretty much full.

Wozz might even have this to contend with in the front of his car.

390471d1594681014-mechanics.jpg

Wozz might even have this to contend with in the front of his car.
390471d1594681014-mechanics.jpg
LSx engines are just as bad, you have to pull the heads off to get to a noisy lifter to replace them.

The plasticky wire conduits one won't work, maybe slathered with RTV?

"Woz" have gotten something, so i think he are good on this issue now.

yep jokiin sorted me out.

Back