Anyone Making custom firmwares K1S dual channel dash cam.

Peter Wilson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 DashCam and Blackvue DR550GW, iPhone 4S.
The K1S has is a great quality camera front and rear seem to be able to stream well to the memory card and every thing is great but the software seems to have a few issues.

I just updated the software due to random stopping recording. then starting again a short while later. I know its not the hardware wiring as this is solid in mine. The software update has made the pings and beeps I was getting with the original software so much easier to understand. It now speaks to you recording started recording stopped etc. GPS active seems to be the most common fault...

I keep hearing GPS all the time. I know the GPS is not dropping off because the miles per hour etc never fails. but i think the software may be finding a new satellite then stating its found.

Now the other issues...

First the starting recording. It seems to coincide with the EOF somehow. I have noticed it says Starting recording more often then stopped recording and the start seems to be roughly every 2 mins.

When running in "stealth mode" E.G. the engine off. it has some issues. First off it talks starting recording and stopping recording. you don't want a PA to tell everyone look at my car. It also sometimes turns the screen on when movement is detected. this then takes the normal allotted time to turn back off.

last nut not least is I have got it set to turn the screen saver on eg miles per hour time etc. it sometimes doesn't show it just goes blank. If I turn off then on it comes on the next time or not. I have a Different system to most in my car. My car has a special PSU that switches on using a relay only after the engine is running. so I know its not the starter position cutting power just after the cameras turned on.

The issue with the camera going back to sleep should be able to be stopped with a mod in the software as well with a longer delay to turn into parking mode or an adjustable time for ending the Driving mode and starting the Park mode.

Hope some smarter then me Coder can look at the firmware update unpack it and see if the software can be editied to have your car logo on startup as well as on the screen saver. That would just be a bonus....

Thanks coders.

Back