Anyone seen a Nextbase do this?!

Yeah just recently happend to my also.
In one sense it's good to see it wasn't just me. But sorry that it's happened to you. No doubt Nextbase will help. I have to say my Nextbase 322GW has been awful overall, compared to two older Nextbase models that are still working fine. The camera split open as at top of this thread. Then the new one arrived and the power button broke within weeks. It regularly cuts out. The SD card gets reformatted but it regularly crashes. It's been incredibly poor overall. Anyway rant over, hope yours gets sorted!!

yeah i still have my 222 at the house, and it seems like its working fine. only did the upgrade cause i wanted to run the rear dashcam also. and the 222 doesnt have that option.

That's a valid point about older Nextbase units being more reliable.

I ran a 402 then a 412 with the only issues being ball joint vibration and having to realign it after bringing them indoors to offload the footage.

The batteries never failed and the body never swelled.

Just to get back to this thread. Millie at Nextbase contacted me and they freely replaced my 322 with a 422. Outstanding customer service that warrants a public mention. Thank you.

Nextbase customer support has always been the best.

If only they would take their 380 design, make it quadHD (2560x1440) circa 30k bitrate and a facility to add a CPL I'd likely come back.

Oh, and no fancy gizmos like Alexa or SOS.

I am another victim to this issue with the 322. So glad I caught this, it’s supposed to be hot this week and I didn’t fancy a car fire. This is actually worrying from NextBase, surely these models need to be recalled at this point? 60A8D036-5E80-40C9-A3EF-9A9DE97B10AC.jpeg

Hello,

Please can you contact our Technical Support Team on 02920866429 and we can help you further.
Thank you.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi, has anyone been asked to return their 322GW to Nextbase and pay the postage for what appears to be a widespread issue?

Hi, has anyone been asked to return their 322GW to Nextbase and pay the postage for what appears to be a widespread issue?
NextBase won’t help me with mine as I don’t have the receipt. Literally just ignored me as soon as I said I don’t have it.

How old is the unit you have Exerex ?
About 18 months? I got it from Halfords and must of paid cash because I even checked all my bank statements and can’t see a transaction for it. I still have the original box though. To me, this seems like a consistent issue with this unit and they need to be recalled.

NextBase won’t help me with mine as I don’t have the receipt. Literally just ignored me as soon as I said I don’t have it.
Credit card receipt or bank statement can be enough if it identifies the product or if bought from the manufacturer, you just need to show that you bought one to have a right to a manufacturer’s warranty.
I am another victim to this issue with the 322. So glad I caught this, it’s supposed to be hot this week and I didn’t fancy a car fire. This is actually worrying from NextBase, surely these models need to be recalled at this point? View attachment 61320
That was an act of god!

They are designed to do that after the warranty has expired, not before! And since they are designed to fail, you can’t claim a manufacturing fault!

Best to choose a capacitor based dashcam, not lipo battery camera.

Credit card receipt or bank statement can be enough if it identifies the product or if bought from the manufacturer, you just need to show that you bought one to have a right to a manufacturer’s warranty.

That was an act of god!

They are designed to do that after the warranty has expired, not before! And since they are designed to fail, you can’t claim a manufacturing fault!

Best to choose a capacitor based dashcam, not lipo battery camera.
Yeah I checked everything to see if I could find it on my bank statements, even checked my partners account so can only assume I paid cash. Short of asking Halfords to dig through their records im not sure what else I can do. Mostly just annoyed they just decided to stop responding to me.

Any recommendations on models?

So you wouldn’t have expected the devices to be tested sufficiently for safety purposes in temperatures far higher than what is expected ?

Yeah I checked everything to see if I could find it on my bank statements, even checked my partners account so can only assume I paid cash. Short of asking Halfords to dig through their records im not sure what else I can do. Mostly just annoyed they just decided to stop responding to me.
From your last post, I see it had lasted 18 months, which is about standard for a lipo battery in a dashcam, so you wouldn't have been able to use the warranty anyway. The hot weather finished it off, but it wasn't going to last much longer. You could get the battery replaced.
Any recommendations on models?
Since this thread is in the Nextbase sub-forum, I will just point you at:

So you wouldn’t have expected the devices to be tested sufficiently for safety purposes in temperatures far higher than what is expected ?
I don't really think there was much of a safety issue. The battery has puffed up and split the case, but that is not dangerous.
Lifetime is a different issue, but what is the expected lifetime of a dashcam? A super capacitor based camera might be expected to last 10 years while a lipo battery based one is expected to last 18 months. Possibly using a non-user replaceable lipo battery is a design fault, which should be covered under warranty, but good luck to anyone who wants to argue that in court!

Came back to the car today and found this on my 2 month old 322GW. Have previously had two other cameras from Nextbase (still use one) and not seen anything like this.

Basically the lower LCD screen has come detached from the main body and will not go back in. The camera is also no longer displaying anything other than a white screen.

Is it due to the intense heat we've had recently? Haven't done anything to the car and no damage to the car etc. Very strange!

Thanks for any help - will return to Halfords but seemed so unusual it was worth posting and asking!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 3
Back