Anyone seen a Nextbase do this?!

theapostle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Came back to the car today and found this on my 2 month old 322GW. Have previously had two other cameras from Nextbase (still use one) and not seen anything like this.

Basically the lower LCD screen has come detached from the main body and will not go back in. The camera is also no longer displaying anything other than a white screen.

Is it due to the intense heat we've had recently? Haven't done anything to the car and no damage to the car etc. Very strange!

Thanks for any help - will return to Halfords but seemed so unusual it was worth posting and asking!

Attachments

• dash1.jpg
    dash1.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 26
  • dash2.jpg
    dash2.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 25
Welcome to the forum apostle.

If it is a battery camera, then that swelling up can warp or even push off screens, this is also seen in smartphones some times.
The screen only displaying white now could be due to the ribbon cable for it have come loose, so it might need to be re seated.

Lipo batteries do not like heat, or cold for that matter.

Thanks kamkar, so it sounds like the internal battery has swollen in the heat and pushed the screen off. Very bizarre to find it like this! Is there a way for me to re-seat the camera without tearing it off the windscreen or causing any damage? I'm a designer and work with tech so I'm used to this to an extent but wouldn't want to risk further damage. Hopefully Halfords can sort or replace.

so it sounds like the internal battery has swollen in the heat and pushed the screen off. Very bizarre to find it like this!
lucky to find it like that, the next step is the battery catching fire, you'd be car shopping if that had happened

Indeed the lipo batteries can be tricky, just search for lipo fire on youtube to see how they can go bad.

Could it just be the very hot 30C week we've had just softening the glue ?

Was the car parked windscreen facing the sun ?

It was parked next to a wall in an industrial estate. I'm in Devon and it has been exceptional temps but would never have expected this!
@jokiin Yikes I'm glad it didn't catch fire!! Will report back after Halfords trip...

It was parked next to a wall in an industrial estate. I'm in Devon and it has been exceptional temps but would never have expected this!
@jokiin Yikes I'm glad it didn't catch fire!! Will report back after Halfords trip...
I can't see them not replacing it, should be no problem

Cam is outside of its 30 day money back so email sent to support at Nextbase. Dashcam expert at Halfords had never seen this before (in years) and didn't know what had happened. He also couldn't put the screen back in place either. So will be very interested to hear what Nextbase say as I definitely haven't done anything and it's been well looked after in its 2 months of use.

Cam is outside of its 30 day money back so email sent to support at Nextbase. Dashcam expert at Halfords had never seen this before (in years) and didn't know what had happened. He also couldn't put the screen back in place either. So will be very interested to hear what Nextbase say as I definitely haven't done anything and it's been well looked after in its 2 months of use.
Hi,

Please can you let me know your email ticket number? I'll ensure the camera is replaced for you. Feel free to send me a DM with your details on.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Thank you so much Millie. I have contacted support who have replied but will DM with the email ticket number.

Thanks to the team at Nextbase who are going to replace the unit. They wanted to know a few things about how the camera was plugged in and the fusebox type etc to understand what has happened. Will be interesting to know (if I'm told I'll post back, if not fair enough) but excellent service from Nextbase, so public thanks to all involved and everyone on the forum too for your help.

Got in my car to this today, it was a gift from much less than a year ago, so glad to find others with the same issue, very worrying.20220323_073327.jpg20220323_073334.jpg

Got in my car to this today, it was a gift from much less than a year ago, so glad to find others with the same issue, very worrying.
Hello,

I am very sorry to see that you have had an issue with your dashcam. I have Dm'd you directly to provide further assistance.

Kind regards,
Millie

Yes, exactly the same as happened to mine - and after a period of hot-ish but not boiling hot weather. Answered a number of questions and Nextbase replaced.

Yeah just recently happend to my also.

Attachments

• IMG_20220518_103541_Bokeh.jpg
    IMG_20220518_103541_Bokeh.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220518_103620_Bokeh.jpg
    IMG_20220518_103620_Bokeh.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 5
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear this. Please contact our Support Team at support@nextbase.com and we can advise on the best way forward.

Kind regards,
Millie

Hi again,

Our apologies for the delay, our team are currently answering all emails within a 48 hours period and will answer your email shortly.

Kind regards,
Millie

Back