dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Anyone tested MIO MiVue 258 or 358?

Results night recording? Overall?

i was considering the 358.388 or the abeev32 but

the day noise levels were pretty high.

if u focus on the road.. u will see alot of moving artifacts. in the day.

at night, the videos looked like they came from a dvr027. wasn't impressed at all..

so i'm back to the garmin gdr35. ebay has them for $255 right now, but i dont now if it is in stock.

i think all of those sellers are friends, and they are holding their stock for the highest paying customers and ,aking others wait while it sits on shelf...

why else would the seller list they are sold out, but other sellers has them right now for a premium or $200 shipping fee...

Not tested the older 258 or 358 models but I have purchased the later Mio 368 with WDR, picture quality wise, I would put it on par with my other mini 0801 camera's, it may just be a fraction sharper, but not much in it. Picture quality is sharp and clean with little signs of noise and night time seems pretty good too especially if WDR is enabled.
My mini 0801 camera's tends to write at about 17200kbps, while the Mio368 writes at aprrox 13000kbps, so if the 368 output at a higher bitrate equal to the 0801 then I think the difference in quality would be more noticable, as I think the Mio 368 does have the better lens which is not surprising as it costs over double the price of the 0801. The Mio ani-glare filter does seem to reduce any glare, basically working like a polarizing filter.

The motion detect on the 368 works very well indeed, but it only lasts for about 1hr on battery, motion detect cannot be used when power is on. :-( So though it's great for keeping a watch out while your in the supermarket ect. but no good for long periods, though I did noticed it was still working after 75mins with no power, thats was with screen off, so not too bad I suppose, but shame you cant run the motion detect while power applied.

The suction mount is pretty visible too, so I might have to knock up some sort of adhesive pad mount if I want to make it more discreet in the car.
Which do I think is the better buy out of the 368 and the mini 0801 ? well personally I wish I'd not purchased the Mio 368, yes it's well made and works well, and may be more reliable perhaps than the mini 0801 camera's, but for its more reasonable price, and the fact it's very discreet in the car, and general design, then I think the 0801 wins easily.
The Mio 368 with £41 import duties cost me a total of £162, and no way is it worth that sort of money, when you compare it with £70 for the mini 0801 camera's.

Last edited:
Back