Anyone tested Motion Detection or G-Sensor?

Hakan Güzel

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
hi everyone. anyone has motion detecetion or gsensor record? can you share here pls?
or you can test and record a file pls?

I use the motion feature all the time to provide video when the vehicle is parked. It works very well.

Yesterday I tested the G-Sensor activation. I was not pleased, in that even with the G-Sensor setting a "Highest" it took quite a shock to activate a recording.

I plan on addressing this in the Feature Request thread on this forum.

RodeoGeorge

I use the motion feature all the time to provide video when the vehicle is parked. It works very well.

Yesterday I tested the G-Sensor activation. I was not pleased, in that even with the G-Sensor setting a "Highest" it took quite a shock to activate a recording.

I plan on addressing this in the Feature Request thread on this forum.

RodeoGeorge
This is what we are thinking about recently, checking with engineer now.

Confirm, G-sensor works very bad.

I m still waiting someone to upload motion detection record :)

not sure what you want to see. should we point another camera at the a119 (and what's in front of it) to show when it goes into motion detection (red REC light flashing quickly), and when it comes out (red light solid)?

@Gibson99
Yes, i mean when it goes into motion detection (red REC light flashing quickly). It is late or it can catch scene quicly. (sorry for my english) :D

Never liked g-sensor. Always turn it off. simply too many bumps and potholes on our roads & you end up with a card full of locked files

I m still waiting someone to upload motion detection record :)
I made a test with Motion Detect and camera always connected to the power and it is working in this way:
- when driving, the length is 3 Minutes (my set from Loop Recording menu)
- when car is parked the length is 1 Minute.
FPS and resolution are the same

enjoy,
Mtz

I tested "motion detection" recording - left the cameras to record over night. from 11pm to 6am had about under 1 hour of recording, the rest of the time was "blank".

Blank means no video recorded?

enjoy,
Mtz

Blank means no video recorded?
on a playback (I use Datakam Player) - yes. not sure if the camera uses less power in this mode. and I don't remember, if the files were written to a card or not, but during a playback the player displayed the time without the recording as "grey" in color and the "time slider" would just jump over the "grey" area to the frames with video. it's also recommended that you don't drive with "motion detection" enabled, it may affect your video recording.

I think the recommendation to not drive in Motion Detect mode is just because they can not guarantee you will not miss a second like in normal mode.
But until now for me was working perfect and the main reason is because parking files are just 1 minute. Congratulations to @viofo regarding this.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back