Anyone tried 400 GB card? (Sandisk)

observations in here over the past 8 years, i have never ovned either brand myself.

The manufacturer has no benefit of limiting users to use small-er capacity SD cards! unless there is processor/hardware limitations that need to be done first, or avoided due to cost of R&D

Manufacturers are in daily competition to provide unique features to increase their sales and profits to the company investors

Blackvue or Thinkware making sure that their customers be limited to smaller capacity SD cards “just for fun” or for no good reason is totally against all the above

It's not about capacity limitations, they limit the number of cards that they will work with, they've tried to restrict them to only running their own branded cards but there are some others that will work with them

Yep i was thinking card brand and not so much size with that other post of mine.
Never the less, any form of hoop jumping needed with a product in regular use and i am out, i am cutting corners with my OS of choice and a few other things, plenty so no need to make do with other things where it are not needed.
I find 126 GB are fine for a dual camera, 256 if you need to go big, i see no reason to go to 400 GB with the current output rate of dashcams, but if makers was to up the bitrate on their cameras, then 400 GB might well be called for, cuz then a dual camera could end up generating 1.5 GB every 3 minutes of operation.

I've noticed the same thing- few aftermarket cards work reliably with Blackvue and Thinkware according to many members here. I guess their logic is that if they can convince people to spend at least 50% more than a competitor's equal-grade cam costs, that same person will overspend with sd cards too. I've used a similar approach in my own business once or twice when I had 'captive' customers. They wanted to spend big money and I was happy to help them do that :cool: I could sure use some customers like that right now :(

Phil

I've noticed the same thing- few aftermarket cards work reliably with Blackvue and Thinkware according to many members here. I guess their logic is that if they can convince people to spend at least 50% more than a competitor's equal-grade cam costs, that same person will overspend with sd cards too. I've used a similar approach in my own business once or twice when I had 'captive' customers. They wanted to spend big money and I was happy to help them do that :cool: I could sure use some customers like that right now :(

Phil

in one respect I understand where they're coming from, trying to have the camera work with specific cards can reduce service related issues due to poor cards, a lot of consumers, (rightly or wrongly) think that all memory cards are the same and don't understand that they look the same but can be quite a bit different internally, quite often customers go out and buy the cheapest memory card they can find based on their assumption that all cards are the same anyway, plenty of times the cards are fake if bought online, when they have problems they still apply their 'all cards are the same' logic and assume that the camera is faulty and then want to send it back, it happens more often than you would think

as I said I understand where they are coming from in respect to the effect it has on service and returns etc but I don't agree with the approach, their cards are not readily available and they're most often very overpriced in comparison to good quality brand name cards, personally I prefer to support as many decent brand name cards as possible and educate the customers about the differences in card quality, we predominantly sell our cameras with included cards so that we can be sure the customer has the right type of card, it's not about trying to profit on the card, just about making sure they have the right card, we still get people that will buy a 32GB camera because it's the cheapest option and then go and buy an eBay card and then have problems, at least once we find out what's happened we can get them to put the included card back in to verify where the problem is

Back