Anyone tried the Papago GoSafe260?

I'd love to hear some feedback on this, also. Papago seems to be feature rich. Is there a quality issue?

I'm sure everyone would want one for review ;)

We are looking for a prominent member of this forum with lots of experience under their belt to do a review. We can't just pass them out like candy though. :) We tried to get a few reviewers before from this forum but nothing really worked out.

Interesting, looks very clean and sharp. I will admit I haven't personally had a desire for a mirror cam, but I also don't have a personal desire for cams with screens in general but still love to review them.

I would definitely be willing to review one! although I have a lot on my plate, and likely wouldn't have time for about a month.

The button panel looks really interesting.
I am a huge fan of what looks to be a stand alone lock button. I always love those
It is also nice to see the buttons have their own space and don't hide under the glass.

I am excited to see this review. While the camera looks great, I've heard negative things about the reflective properties, as in it doesn't function as a mirror very well.

We are waiting on a firmware update and as soon as we have it form our R&D team I will run some internal tests and let you guys know where it stands. Thanks for the interest. Happy to start working with qualified reviewers. :)

We have purchased several cheap dash cams from e-Bay, all from China. One had really bad picture quality, one had battery problems, one just stopped working altogether. I guess it’s a typical case of “you get what you pay for”. We finally decided to purchase a pricier, name brand from a reputable retailer such as Costco, and we were not disappointed. I ordered this camera online from Costco.ca on a Saturday and it was delivered promptly, three days later. This PapaGo GoSafe 260 dash cam does everything it says it does, and exceeded my expectations. The picture quality is crisp and clear, even at night. It clamps to the car’s mirror tightly, so there is no danger of it coming loose or falling off. The mirror itself is a little dark at night for my liking, but other than that, I have no issues with it. I have already received a firmware update, and installed it into the camera with no problems. The camera is unobtrusive and barely noticeable in the front windshield. If you are looking for a dash cam with easy to use features and crisp and clear picture quality, this PapaGo is for you.

If you are looking for a dash cam with easy to use features and crisp and clear picture quality, this PapaGo is for you.

It may be good value in the USA, but on Amazon UK it's over £240 inc shipping. At that price Papago aren't going to shift many units in the UK market unless there's proof of superior performance, reliability, durability, support, etc.

I'm having a problem with my GoSafe260. I have the audio turned off in the settings and the screen shows the line through the mike but it is still recording audio. How do I turn off the audio?

unnamed2.jpg

if you have it off and it still records audio it's a firmware bug, let Papago know, they might not be aware

Ya, I'm hoping he'll read this.
There was an update on their website and I have installed it.
I have even pushed the reset button and reset it back to factory defaults and then gone through the setup and turned the audio off. It is still recording sound.

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with my GoSafe260. I have the audio turned off in the settings and the screen shows the line through the mike but it is still recording audio. How do I turn off the audio?

unnamed2.jpg
Hello. I am sorry that you are having an issue with your GoSafe 260. I can suggest that you reinstall the firmware available on our site and see if that fixes the issue. If it does not then we can process an RMA. It should work as intended and if it does not then it might just be a defective device.

You can find the firmware here: http://us.papagoinc.com/products/gosafe-260/#support

Make certain to follow the instructions as far as S/N# and correct firmware. You can email me directly if this does not work so we can process an exchange: service_us@papagoinc.com
Kind Regards,
PAPAGO!

Ya, I'm hoping he'll read this.
There was an update on their website and I have installed it.
I have even pushed the reset button and reset it back to factory defaults and then gone through the setup and turned the audio off. It is still recording sound.
Hello. OOPS jumped the gun and did not see this post. Ok just email me at service_us@papagoinc.com and we can process the RMA. :)

Back