Anyone try using Shotcut as a dashcam video editor?

BBorell

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was wondering if anyone tried using the Shotcut video editor to download videos to their PC?

Found out myself. Yes shotcut does play the video nicely but you do lose quality to the video but does play sound mic pics up. Windows player will play video better no quality lose but you do not have sound.

...Windows player will play video better no quality lose but you do not have sound.
What camera? WMP (Windows Media Player) plays video and audio just fine on my system(s) with files captured from G1W-H, SG9665GC and SG9663DC.

What camera? WMP (Windows Media Player) plays video and audio just fine on my system(s) with files captured from G1W-H, SG9665GC and SG9663DC.

Power Acoustic cam. Windows player shows video superbly but there is no audio.

Must be something unique about that camera (or less likely something to do with your installation of WMP).

As I said, I've had no issues with the audio playback of any dash cam videos (5 different cameras in my case) using WMP on at least 4 different computers. Post a raw video on-line somewhere and others can D/L it and see what they get.

you'll just be missing the appropriate codec for audio playback, easy fixed by updating codecs on your PC, K-Lite codec pack or similar

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks to all of you the problem was codec. Do not know why as my computer is only a month old but oh well.

Back