anyone update to 1.00.08 yet?

update of what and where to get it? tx!

I updated mine and it very well may be a placebo effect, but the camera seems to boot up and start recording faster to me.

From what i understand it is primarily a fix for 1 particular issue that could happen in a very specific scenario. 99.99% of people probably won't notice any difference at all.

Updated it only a few days ago. Haven't noticed anything different. Unofficial 128 GB Samsung SD card, which I have been using since camera purchase, is still working fine (was slightly worried before updating firmware, but everything works fine as before).

all in all quite disappointing that they didn't implement any new features,
like the option to have unlimited parkmode (instead max 48hrs)...

joined the forum today because I tried updating to the new .08.

I wish I searched before doing anything but now I tried updating it and then halfway it said "update failed" and now it's not even turning on... I tried restarting the car and it does nothing. I will try to disconnect the battery and see if that does anything later tonight. I searched on the internet only to find that it's risky to install update using the TW supplied memory card which is what I did.

I bought the F770 via Massdrop back in April of 17 so hopefully I have a warranty?? It was hardwired by a professional shop so I'm not sure what they did but it was working fine until the update.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I've literally updated hundreds of cameras using Thinkware cards and i have NEVER had a failure. In the UK some cars shut down the ignition circuit if they detect the battery getting a bit low and if this happens whilst updating then it can cause this. I always recommend starting the car whilst the update is done.

You will probably find the camera is dead now all you can try is the small reset button on the right of the unit with a paperclip and hold this for 5 seconds (this will discharge the capacitor inside the unit too) re-power it and cross your fingers. Otherwise you will either need to find someone who has the reflashing jig (we do but obviously we're in the UK) or send it back for a replacement under warranty.

Update worked without problems. nothings changed in the performance though...

Any idea what did 1.0007 fix? As I am still on 06

07 primarily made it so if you were driving 10% under the speed limit of the road it would stop the 'Mobile camera zone' messages. 08 cures an issue where on the odd occasion the speed camera database could be deleted.

07 primarily made it so if you were driving 10% under the speed limit of the road it would stop the 'Mobile camera zone' messages. 08 cures an issue where on the odd occasion the speed camera database could be deleted.

Thank you.

joined the forum today because I tried updating to the new .08.

I wish I searched before doing anything but now I tried updating it and then halfway it said "update failed" and now it's not even turning on... I tried restarting the car and it does nothing. I will try to disconnect the battery and see if that does anything later tonight. I searched on the internet only to find that it's risky to install update using the TW supplied memory card which is what I did.

I bought the F770 via Massdrop back in April of 17 so hopefully I have a warranty?? It was hardwired by a professional shop so I'm not sure what they did but it was working fine until the update.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I am in the same boat as you the firmware update bricked my unit https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/firmware-update-on-my-f770-bricked-my-dashcam.33778/

I'm 100% sure it's nothing to do with the memory card doing this. I can honestly say i have upgraded hundreds of Thinkware cameras always using a genuine Thinkware card and i have never had a single failure! I'm not quite sure why the odd one does fail, i've always suspected some vehicles shut off the ignition circuit if they detect the battery of the car getting low and if it does this mid update it could cause an issue.

I meant to say in the PM to you have you unplugged the Power cable and then pressed the small reset button on the side for 5 seconds with a paper clip or similar? It's unlikely to help but it did fix 1 once!

I updated my F750 to F770 v08 from v06 without problem. I had noticed that it had suddenly stopped reporting cameras so I hope this fixed it

Hey everyone, I came to this page as a result of a Google search for 1.00.08 update.

I have a Thinkware F770 which is still running 1.00.03 and I'm using a Samsung Evo+ 128gb memory card.
No issues to date at all. I am hesitant to upgrade the firmware as I am having zero issues, but am wondering has there been any improvements since .03?

What do these updates actually do as I can find no change log?

I see some have already had issues with .08

Well my F750 has started informing me about speed cameras again, so I guess what @Maddog1974 stated in #13 must be true.

Thanks for your reply.
I should have clarified, I know @Maddog1974 stated the updates for 07 & 08
Being at 03 I'm trying to figure out what was changed leading up to those so 04 - 06

As everything is working great I feel I would only update if there was an update to the optics or refining of images, maybe an enhanced night mode?
But this is why I am trying to determine what was in those past updates.

Back