Anyone using a 360 dashcam?

Will send you you player link tomorrow!

Thank you @estore009 for posting the sample.

Vesee app doesn't work for local files that have been downloaded from an external source, doesn't show up in the file sharing menu either.

Untitled.png

GoPro VR Player works.

Maybe a subset of users might be into something like this but is completely useless from a dash cam perspective.

27279882479_7e569a7ca2_o.png

27279884269_5250118664_o.png

38346853894_8414b32635_o.png

38346857774_46c03e0718_o.png

Last edited:
Thank you @estore009 for posting the sample.

Vesee app doesn't work for local files that have been downloaded from an external source, doesn't show up in the file sharing menu.

View attachment 35105

GoPro VR Player works.

Maybe a subset of users might be into something like this but is completely useless from a dash cam perspective.

I feel ill!:vomit::hungover::D

with the right software it will stitch it into a regular view, having to use a specific software platform is still one of the biggest problems though as it limits what you can do with your evidence and how you can share it

to me I see 360 video as a solution looking for a problem, it's interesting technology but the ideal use for it still hasn't been found

I'd still like to see side footage from one mounted on the headliner and does a full 360° view.

with the right software it will stitch it into a regular view, having to use a specific software platform is still one of the biggest problems though as it limits what you can do with your evidence and how you can share it

to me I see 360 video as a solution looking for a problem, it's interesting technology but the ideal use for it still hasn't been found

I think 360º capture's value at this point is for VR environments but certainly not dash cams.

I think 360º capture's value at this point is for VR environments but certainly not dash cams.

some sort of gaming application maybe, for creating content for use with VR headsets sure, outside of that it's very hard to see a general purpose application, not that I can think of anyway

some sort of gaming application maybe, for creating content for use with VR headsets sure, outside of that it's very hard to see a general purpose application, not that I can think of anyway

Yeah, even for VR these single lens 360 cameras don't quite cut it. You really need four or more dedicated cameras for decent VR. Gaming could be viable but that puts it in the gimmick category basically. And if it looks like a gimmick, walks like a gimmick and quacks like a gimmick, then it's a gimmick! :smuggrin:

This file in my office laptop,you want me back to office to send you this player now :(

No sorry, of course not, I'm just a bit of a too much nosey Rosie... Tomorrow is OK of course.... My apologies.

I just decided to make my own "360 degree dash cam", using my secondairy Mobius, with a "360" degree lens, more of a fisheye lens really.... There is a thingie about playing it, I can't find the right player, VLC seems to be able to, but I just find the file is played like an actual sphere..... which can not be turned by mouse.....

IMG_20171220_103957873.jpg

Last edited:
There is a thingie about playing it, I can't find the right player, VLC seems to be able to, but I just find the file is played like an actual sphere..... which can not be turned by mouse.....

there's two parts to any of these 360° view cameras, one is the lens but the other more important part is the playback software, normal players like VLC etc are not suitable, you could try some of the players offered with different 360 cams but it will just be trial and error to find something that works I guess

Back