Anyone using two 66W and parking mode?

jayhova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All,

I am considering two 66W, one for front one for rear. Does anyone have experience running two linked and in addition using parking mode adapter for both? I have a few questions I'm hoping folks have experience with.
  1. How is the wireless linking for font and rear units? Reliable?
  2. Any experience with voice commands? Will only front pick it up? Both? Inconsistent?
  3. Have you noticed if the rear camera has issues focusing on defroster lines? Read some reviews that mentioned this being an issue. I also have rear tint.
  4. I'm considering having both hooked up each with their own parking mode connections. Have you noticed if the parking mode has any adverse effect on your battery? In cold start scenarios?
  5. Any other critical feedback?
I'm mainly considering this camera for large company support, wireless and voice, and convenience of wireless linking of front and rear units. Thanks for any feedback.

Hi All,

I am considering two 66W, one for front one for rear. Does anyone have experience running two linked and in addition using parking mode adapter for both? I have a few questions I'm hoping folks have experience with.
  1. How is the wireless linking for font and rear units? Reliable?
  2. Any experience with voice commands? Will only front pick it up? Both? Inconsistent?
  3. Have you noticed if the rear camera has issues focusing on defroster lines? Read some reviews that mentioned this being an issue. I also have rear tint.
  4. I'm considering having both hooked up each with their own parking mode connections. Have you noticed if the parking mode has any adverse effect on your battery? In cold start scenarios?
  5. Any other critical feedback?
I'm mainly considering this camera for large company support, wireless and voice, and convenience of wireless linking of front and rear units. Thanks for any feedback.

I have front and rear 56's in a supercab Ford Raptor. Each has it's own parking mode cable going to the same power sources on the fuse panel. Both work fine and as expected.
Voice commands activate both at the same time.
No issues focusing on defroster lines ( see jokiin post above), but the rear camera is positioned with the lens between the lines.
No adverse battery effects with parking modes cable, but the Raptor is driven nearly daily and is parked in a garage. Even after not driving it for a week, no battery issues with a 6 year old battery.
No critical feedback on the Garmin's. They both work very well with no issues. The 56's replaced 55's which I sold on ebay for nearly what I paid for them. I use 128gb data cards.

I have front and rear 56's in a supercab Ford Raptor. Each has it's own parking mode cable going to the same power sources on the fuse panel. Both work fine and as expected.
Voice commands activate both at the same time.
No issues focusing on defroster lines ( see jokiin post above), but the rear camera is positioned with the lens between the lines.
No adverse battery effects with parking modes cable, but the Raptor is driven nearly daily and is parked in a garage. Even after not driving it for a week, no battery issues with a 6 year old battery.
No critical feedback on the Garmin's. They both work very well with no issues. The 56's replaced 55's which I sold on ebay for nearly what I paid for them. I use 128gb data cards.
Thanks a lot Gary. Good to hear from someone with this setup. I'm considering this in a daily driver as well.

i have 2 66w's, i haven't had any issues with recording and functionality, i'm not too sure if the voice command picks up the rear camera, as i don't really scream out the command.
the only issue i would say is the wifi connection, it works, but it's iffy, sometimes you'll get a message saying it cannot connect to your phone, but then it eventually connects, just have to be patient.

Back