Anytek A1

Stumpy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm looking to make a dash camera purchase.

I was looking at Anytek A1.

For whatever reason I cannot find a single review on it.

Has anyone ever used Anytek A1. Any opinions positive or negative?

I'm thinking since I live in a cold climate where its winter for 6 months of the year, the large lens will help capture a lot of light in low light conditions of winter.

Anytek-A1-Car-DVR-camera-1080P-30fps-Car-recorder-3-0-TFT-170-Degrees-High-definition.jpg

Hardware Specifications

Model Type A1+
Program NTK96650+AR0330
Lens Type Fixed Focus
Aperture F2.2
Effective Focal Length f=2.5mm
light-sensing surface area 1/3''
LCD Monitor Size 3.0" TFT
Resolution 960*240
Manufacture ST
Storage Media Internal Memory 1G DDR2
Extermal Memory Micro SD
Button\Switch Power Button
switch button UP/Down
OK button
Menu / Mode button Video/ Image/ Review
Loop recording Support
Motion detection Support
Microphone Yes
Speaker N/A
Battery
Capacity Li-ion 400mA
Battery life Less than 20 minutes need connect with power while using
Charging Time About half an hour
Fireware Specifications
File Format Movie MOV
Photo JPEG
Video compression H.264
Audio Coding Mode WAV
Photo Resolution 12M/10M/8M/5M/3M/2M/VGA/1.3M
Video Resolution 1920*1080@30fps
1280*720@30fps
WVGA
VGA
Exposure Auto
Focus Fixed Focus
Real Time Clock (RTC) Yes
Micro SD Card Support up to 32GB(Class6 or above)
Webcam(PC Cam) Yes
System Requirments
OS Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8, MAC
Hardware Inter\AMD Dual-Core CPU or above
1GB System Memory
2GB free System HD Space
USB1.0/2.0
Color White
ports USB port
AV out support
HDMI support
mount port support
Weight (g) 100g
Certification CE, RoHS
Accessories car charger (double USB Joint)*1; sucktion mount*1; USB cable*1;user's manual*1;

http://www.szanytek.com/en/Product-detail.aspx?id=504

ok well the lens is f/2.2 that's not particularly large so will be ok at night but maybe not as good as some of the alternatives that are based on the same hardware

But isn't that the inner lens... as opposed to the outer lens.

Isn't the outer lens concentrating more light onto the inner lens.

I don't know about optics so i'm just thinking out loud here.

Would this not work better in low light conditions?

there's only one lens, don't be tricked by the big surround and 3D rendered artwork, the lens is the little circle in the middle

Isn't a curved piece of glass a lens.

I guess the only way to know how well this works is to find someone who actually has one.

Alright.

Well what about this dude on the box.

He looks like he means business
geekbuying-d10b1044-3342-4e7e-98fb-085b2d3ac63d.jpg

I'm looking to make a dash camera purchase...

If a DashCam is worth buying, it's probably been discussed here at DCT. This model hasn't, so the safest approach is to leave it.

Given your extreme climate, focus your search on capacitor-based cameras that are available from Canada-based sellers. What's your budget?

About CAD $150 to $200 - I'm willing to pay for reliability above all else.

Aside from reliability, I'd like an colored button on it where after I get into a crash, I can hit the button and have it save & lock that file so it does not get over-written. Nothing is worse than capturing an event on camera but not having the presence of mind to remove the sdcard after the accident only to have it over-written.

I was going to go for the 0806 until someone scared me off that purchase by saying it had a load of problems. I don't want to get into a crash only to find out the camera had stopped working weeks ago.

About CAD $150 to $200 - I'm willing to pay for reliability above all else...

Within your budget, I suggest BlackSys CF-100, MateGo MG380G, Mobius with capacitor kit or Transcend DrivePro 200.

Of the above, I liked the idea of the Mobius with a super-capacitor kit the best. Something about its simplicity makes it attractive.

I also like the Transcend DrivePro 200, but at its price it should be offering one level up from 1080p.

I'm in love with the "egg" shape of the SJ1000. What's your opinion on it.

Somehow the selection of a dash cam is slowly turning into a fashion accessory for me.

I'm in love with the "egg" shape of the SJ1000. What's your opinion on it.

SJ1000 has been around for years. Nothing wrong with that. For use as a dashcam it had a niche following. Could be tricky to mount without ending up with wobbly video. Doesn't get discussed much nowadays. People have probably moved on to other DashCams.

SJ1000 has been around for years. Nothing wrong with that. For use as a dashcam it had a niche following. Could be tricky to mount without ending up with wobbly video. Doesn't get discussed much nowadays. People have probably moved on to other DashCams.

But what makes it obsolete...? which is what I guess you're implying.

Its 1080p @ 30fps. (1920 x 1080)

I understand there are other dash cams with higher resolution than that. But most fall into the 1080p category.

So how really are other more recent dash cams better than the SJ1000 ?

it was never ideal as a dashcam, 1080p is fine, it's just that there are better options around these days

I wish you had used the shell of the SJ1000 for your dash cam project.

Anyway I ended up making a decision on a dash cam.

I put in an order for the Marcus 4. Its a little over my budget but I have to be sure the dash cam works when it counts.

I wish you had used the shell of the SJ1000 for your dash cam project.
not a design we would ever use

I put in an order for the Marcus 4. Its a little over my budget but I have to be sure the dash cam works when it counts.

feedback on this one is generally positive, worth the extra money I'm sure

not a design we would ever use

I hope the SJ1000 is not the last egg design we ever see.
The world needs more egg shaped devices in these troubled times.

feedback on this one is generally positive, worth the extra money I'm sure

I purchased it from eBay from some guy in Taiwan. I hope I don't get murdered with import duty, customs fees and other pocket raiders.

I wanted to ask your opinion on something.

I have a product idea related to dash cams. Its not another dash cam but rather something that would compliment a dash cam. Being an electronics/firmware guy and having design talent, I could develop the product up to the prototype stage. I can't tell how original my idea is (i.e it might already be out there) but I haven't found anything like it out there in my preliminary searches. I know I'd buy one if it did exist.

I wanted to ask you... If I did decide to take it from the prototype stage to the production stage, what would be the best way of doing so? What steps would i have to take on the manufacturing front. You seem to be right in the heart of manufacturing country so I imagine you know better than anyone else.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
esox07 What Should I Buy? 6