Apeman A100 / TRAWO **updated model** 4k@50fps Review & Samples

TechTronic9000

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Too many
The A100 / TRAWO is no a "new" model name, but the camera itself went through some upgrades, while on the producer site it mentions 4K@30fps, it now records 4K@50fps with EIS satbilization. In the product page the specs say that it uses a Hisilicon Hi3559 chiset and a Panasonic MN34120 image sensor. During my test I've observed an above average image quality, it has very good and clear focus, has a lot of details and the 4K@50fps works flawlessly and it's not using double frames. Also the stabilization is extremely good and smooth whit no jerking around and no annoying image warp effects.

Here is my initial video review, i will also add more video samples later

Unedited 4K@30FPS + gyro stabilization. Camera was fixed and all the car movement is the gyro compensating and trying to keep the image steady

It is funny with OIS on in the car, i have done the same using a Osmo action, and you can see the dashboard in the bottom of the frame float around.

It is funny with OIS on in the car, i have done the same using a Osmo action, and you can see the dashboard in the bottom of the frame float around.
Yes shows how it works and how much it compensates. Will add a second fixed camera with no EIS just for comparison.

Another sample video taken in 4K@30fps + EIS

So this is how the V3 Apeman TRAWO A100 action camera doing 4K with EIS copes against the GoPro 8 HyperSmooth. The ThiEye was also doing 4K like the other cameras but had the EIS disabled just to show how the reference footage would have looked.

Testing out the time lapse option

4K@50fps + EIS samples, for a true 4K cheap 100$ camera it looks rather good!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MaximusPayne APEMAN 5
B APEMAN 0
L APEMAN 3
R APEMAN 0
M APEMAN 1
Back