Apeman C860 Video Playback Issues

MaximusPayne

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Apeman C860
I have an Apeman C860 that my wife bought for me. After setup, I checked out some Youtube videos to see what settings would be good for general recording. The settings seemed to be pretty in step with what was recommended in the user manual. After recording some video on my drives, I took some time to reveiw them. On the dashcam playback, everything seemed fine. I attached the cam to my PC to transfer files so I could view on the larger screen. The files were MP4 (H264). Windows media player wouldn't do anything with it, so I downloaded VLC. The rear cam footage was fantastic! Crystal clear, brilliant definition. The front camera footage, leaves much to be desired. In fact, it's pretty useless. I've attached a picture of what it looks like on my screen. I don't know what the issue is. I've reduced the resolution and will see if that has any effect. Has anyone else experienced this and maybe have a recommended fix for it?

Thanks in advance for any help. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

scrambled_dashcam.PNG

Welcome to DCT @MaximusPayne :) That could be a sensor or CMOS cable problem. I only use VLC for limited purposes now; PotPlayer is more capable and has become my go-to viewer now. Try it and if you still get the same results it's going to be a cam problem.

Phil

Let us know the results!

Phil

Hey, thanks for the recommendation! PotPlayer works like a champ! My unviewable videos are now crystal clear. Thanks so much! Now, who does everyone like to use for video editing?

Hey, thanks for the recommendation! PotPlayer works like a champ! My unviewable videos are now crystal clear. Thanks so much! Now, who does everyone like to use for video editing?
DaVinci resolve is a good one. It is a professional grade editing software but there is a free version you can try and the best part is that the free version doesn't expire and doesn't have a watermark unless you want to use a pro feature.
The only downside is that you need to have a fairly speedy processing power in your machine. Or do some fine tuning to its settings so your machine can play smoothly while previewing for your editing.

Back